Missing the looper in Guitar Rig Pro 6

Options
1235Β»

Comments

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

After the release of GR7 I was too curious and bought the new version and after playing around with the new components I'm pretty pleased.

• Signal Flow is a real improvement and gives clear insight in the effect-chain, definitely when using the Split Mix. Moving components around is a breeze. Turning effects on/off is also visible within Signal Flow
    • The Bass Rage amps sounds nice and gritty. Clipping might need some tweaking, I'm still investigating that and might open a support ticket for that.
    • Noise Machine is nice to add some underlaying noise. I added an LFO to the Hum parameter and added both components to a seperate channel in the Split Mix which had a nice result.
    • Vintage Vibrato sounds nice, I like the Thickening preset a lot on my bass.
    • Kolor is my favourite new ICM component. Adding a bit of drive combined with the Bass Saver is very helpful for bass players combined with the LP filter. This will become my default for my basses and picollo bass.
    • Loop Machine Pro: finally the return of the looper, and the new version looks/works great. A coloured circle per layer, the overdub options, the backlight for the active chain.. still need to play around with it, but it looks nice.
    • Skreamer Deluxe, Seattle Fuzz: these ICM effects sound great, I use Crossover to add some bite the higher notes. These 2 components give me the best results until now.
    • I'm new to the Cabinet IR Loader, there are some bass presets... this needs soms investigation.
    • Last but not least: The Ozone Maximiser: this is very helpful to tighten all the frequencies together. I'm surprised of the impact/effect!

About the pricing, I understand the feedback about pricing and the version number. From my personal perspective, I think this release is more than GR6.5 because what's been added is working well and sounds nice. The looper-feedback is valid and should have been a free add-on to GR6.x. A demo version of GR7 would have been nice so GRx-users can decide for themselves if the new version is worth the investment. If I would have downloaded the demo-version first, I'm sure i would have invested the 99€. But again, this is how I look at things and GR is my main tool as a bassplayer. I'm going to check the integration with Maschine as a VST3-plugin so I can combine GR7 with f.e. Straylight as a drone generator.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Hi @Wouter De Muynck

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you have a lot of fun further exploring what Guitar Rig 7 can do for you.

We have always provided a demo version for Guitar Rig PRO so people can try before they buy and Guitar Rig 7 PRO is no exception:

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/products/komplete/guitar/guitar-rig-7-pro/downloads/

• Wouter De Muynck
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks @Eddie_NI , for me the new version has a lot of potential! 😊🀟

I wasn't aware the demo-version was available, thanks for letting me now!

I added the link to the YouTube video on GR7, think it might help.

Grtz,

Wouter

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Solved with GR7πŸ˜€ Post can be closed.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Options

@Gandi Like a breeze 😁

• PaulCan
    PaulCan Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi @Wouter De Muynck - just went & got GR7 with its looper....and I think I might be going insane - RigKontrol pedals don't seem to be recognised by either GR6 or GR7 - I know it's ancient hardware & apparently "bi directional" is too difficult for NI programmers these days, but I could live with that - however, RigKontrol no longer seems to Kontrol GR6, but I swear it used to? Have I just imagined that or has the latest update broken it? I can Kontrol it with my FCB1010 plugged INTO RigKontrol, but no pedals from the RigKontrol seem to trigger any of the learn features.

Any thoughts?

• Gandi
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @PaulCan ,

I have allmost the same configuration as you. I do not use the RK but send the midi signals direkt to the computer. Mine runs without problems.Β And what do you expect from bi directional midi working together with the FCB1010?

• PaulCan
    Options

Hi @Gandi,

It's not the bi-directional thing that I'm moaning about (but it would have been nice), but the fact that RK no longer behaves like the standard controller I thought it was with GR6 & 7. It works as an Audio interface & will pass through MIDI stuff from the FCB1010 to the software, so, my dismay is with a perfectly good Audio I/F with integrated controller (like the RK) no longer working with the software. From a practical viewpoint, it means I will either have to use the RK as just an Audio I/F and start using the FCB1010 live (which means TWO bits of kit instead of one and more floor space & cables) or replace the RK with a more compact Audio I/F which still means TWO bits of kit instead of one & more floor space & cables). I have three of these setups in different locations, so the cost would be whatever it is x 3! EIther that, or I just stick with GR5.

I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and spend more money, but it feels like a step backward πŸ˜₯

Don't even get me started on the lack of full screen πŸ˜…

• Gandi
    Options

@PaulCan , You are absolutely right in your comments. I bought the Babyface from RME. But that had other reasons for me besides the guitar.Β Β 

• Wouter De Muynck
    Options

Hey @PaulCan , there are some articles available on how to use RigKontrol in MIDI mode in previous versions of GR, but you need to downgrade the Controller Editor for RigKontrol to appear as a device. More info is available here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11539/guitar-rig-6-and-rig-kontrol-2 If this workaround is compatible with GR7, I have no clue and and I'm not in the ability to test this.

A 2-in-1 solution (audio interface and MIDI controller) has its advantages, but I doubt it will ever be on the NI roadmap again. For that reason it would make sense to focus on bi-directional MIDI communication with 3rd party MIDI controllers.

• PaulCan
    Options

Thanks @Wouter De Muynck - I have just popped on to say exactly that - The Controller editor version 1.7.4 does allow that "Midi Mode On Startup" checkbox. (It's in File/Preferences/Controller if anyone wants to know). Ticking this gets GR7 to recieve the Midi CC Messages and works well enough for my needs.

The latest Controller editor just doesnt list Rig Kontrol at all, hence my confusion..and frustration. Thanks once again for your help.

• palimpodio
    palimpodio Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Congratulations to all 99-€-LM-GR7 buyers. We will miss you in this "Missing the looper in Guitar Rig Pro 6" thread...

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Options

I mean... there's no alternative really. Either buy GR7 outright or wait until it's on any sale. It's clear that NI moved on from GR6 and they expect us to do the same.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

Black Friday will hopefully see a better upgrade price, there should have been from the start of course