Kontakt 7.7.0 : Issues with Outputs section.

2»

Comments

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,015 Guru

Guys, did you try updating to the newest 7.8.0. version?

• Skeeboheebo
    Skeeboheebo Member Posts: 6 Member

I did, did not help.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,028 mod

This all is necessary because Kontakt's output routing is more open-ended than most other plugins, so you can specify for each output how many channels it should have. So you load a preset (or create your setup of outputs manually), then save it as the new default, then reinstantiate Kontakt.

It is a bit clunky but this is also because not all DAWs comply properly to plugin standards which support dynamic input/output assignment, so there can be no one size fits all solution, you have to do these extra steps to ensure outputs are properly reported to the host.

As for auxes, they are always there structurally in Kontakt, but they don't have to be routed to the host (you can see that in the "no auxes" presets those aux channels actually say - | - which means they aren't routed anywhere).

• nitinm162
    nitinm162 Member Posts: 4 Member

I don't understand WHY companies change stuff from what was working perfectly before.

Kontakt 7 interface has made my workflow slower since the controls are not the same as the pre 7 version.

to solve this issue, just click "View" Menu than select "Rack View" option.

This will change the view back to pre 7 version.

Now click the "View" menu again, now you will see the output menu option.

Another point is that older VSTs like Spitfire Audio's Albion One will only show the presets in Rack View Mode on the LSH.

Only new VSTs will show as dropdowns items on the Instrument on the RHS

This discussion has been closed.