Logic Pro X doesn't see Massive X (but it sees Massive and every other NI plugin)

patientzerobeat
patientzerobeat Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Massive X & Synths

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 Logic Pro 10.6.2

I just installed Komplete 13, so have the latest versions as of March 21, 2022.

Everything shows up in the plugin menu EXCEPT Massive X. In Logic's plug-in manager, the entry for Massive X says "not authorized". Massive works fine as do all the other NI plugins.

What's also strange is that in the Applications/Native_Instruments/Massive_X folder, there is no stand-alone version either, just a Documentation folder (but there are stand-alone versions for all the other instruments including Massive).

Best Answer

• patientzerobeat
    Answer ✓

It turns out that Massive X requires a CPU with something called "AVX", which my computer doesn't have. I've never heard of this, and none of my other software has this demand (I have lots of plugins).

You'd think that the installer would have at least been smart enough to know AVX doesn't exist, giving a proper error message, not making the user waste time by trying a bunch of things first.

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Have you tried selecting and reauthorising Massive-X from Logic? I often have to do that for plugins and they seem to work afterwards

• patientzerobeat
    Answer ✓

It turns out that Massive X requires a CPU with something called "AVX", which my computer doesn't have. I've never heard of this, and none of my other software has this demand (I have lots of plugins).

You'd think that the installer would have at least been smart enough to know AVX doesn't exist, giving a proper error message, not making the user waste time by trying a bunch of things first.