Kontakt 7.7 - please remove ads

Options

Comments

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Please remove these adds. This is a paid application. I have the 13 collectors edition and do not need anything else so this clutter is wasted on me.

I even have the impression that components I already have but maybe did not install are advertised in the bottom part.

By the way the search text entry still does not work correctly 100% of the time since the menu structure has changed. On opening the library view it works but after some back and forth inside Kontakt switching views and changing loaded plugins the search entries activate Logic key commands again.

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Please allow an option to permanently hide those audio previews as well. The reason I personally don't have most of my Kontakt instruments from komplete collectors edition installed is that Kontakt will take 15 minutes to open if I do. Having to pause whatever I'm doing for 15 minutes will break my workflow much worse than not being able to preview Butch Vig Drums when I want to make a string arrangement, and I wouldn't like to have unnecessary features to create longer loading times.

Thanks!

Ps. Yes, I know about batch resave, but since it makes the libraries incompatible with older versions of Kontakt, and plenty of my older projects use Kontakt 6, so I don't see this as an option. Not to even mention having to do it for each library individually.

• Tias
    Tias Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

What a horrible idea to add advertising on a paid product, I can understand in the player version, I hope they do what they did at Waves some time ago, hoping they think again. We have plugins that can be sized as you like, and they take up space with advertising, ok it can be hidden, but it still takes up space.

• Peter Hintze
    Peter Hintze Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

+ 1 please no ads in KONTAKT full version

• MartinHines
    MartinHines Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Options

NI has stated they will allow you to toggle ads on or off in a future update to kontakt 7, based on user feedback.

• PetrKnedlik
    PetrKnedlik Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

You can remove it in todays update

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,103 Guru
    edited November 2023
    Options

Just downloaded the update - but still cannot see any way to "remove" this

EDIT: Found it under Options. Thank you!

VP

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

It was mentioned in the changelog... :)

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

You can batch resave in Kontakt 6 to retain compatibility with K6. The new browser in K7 requires that the NKIs were created with at least Kontakt 5.0 and above.

Oh and also - previews do not play into the instantiation time of Kontakt at all. They are opened on demand when you click on an entry in the browser, at runtime. They are not preloaded.

• ag75
    ag75 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Please, please, please remove ads on this paid (not cheap) app!

thank you!

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,971 Guru
    Options

Yeah, I agree.

But what is even worse is that they have that similar 'feature' on Kontakt 7.7.1.

They also have a Shop feature in NA.

Native Instruments, we love your plugins, but please, stop it.

We already buy your plugins all the time.

We are musicians, not money machines

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Assuming you have the latest update (7.7.1) you can turn off the "New instruments for you" panel in Options

-- Mike

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,971 Guru
    Options

Wait, really?

Thank you!

• Fritz von Flotow
    Fritz von Flotow Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Absolutely a disgusting idea and it will turn me further away from NI an cherish every sample developer who makes their own player or uses an alternative. Stop the ******, NI! It won’t help you on the long run!

• Rael39
    Rael39 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I just want to add my voice. Ive always been an admirer of NI's software and their attitude towards customers , but this leaves a sour taste. Get rid of the ads NI or youl start to lose your loyal customers.

This discussion has been closed.