Komplete Kontrol doesn't load 3rd Party VST while inside Ableton

Milad
Milad Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there,

I'm trying to load one of East West VSTs inside Komplete Kontrol but it fails to load the UI of the plugin.

It's only happening while Komplete Kontrol is loaded from inside Ableton (Suit).

If I try to load it from inside Komplete Kontrol standalone app then it works fine.

In both cases the keyboard (S88 MKII) loads fine. The issue is only with missing UI (first screenshot) and it's happening for all East West instruments.

East West Opus is also working fine when loading standalone (not from inside Komplete Kontrol).

Does anyone has a solution or knows about it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,102 Expert

Click the icon that looks like a couple books in your first screenshot.

Also - not exactly sure why you choose to use KK3 at this point with a MKII device.

There is literally no reason good logical reason to upgrade from KK 2.9.6 whatsoever at this point.

VP

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

I don't have any East West VSTs to test nor did I see any demos. But I tested this with some VSTs from U-he, Arturia and Plugin Alliance and didn't experience any issues loading plugins through Komplete Kontrol inside of Ableton Live. Running Macos 14 and Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,102 Expert
    edited November 2023

Well - one of the main issues (right now) is that literally nothing from NI - including KK3 - is supported on Sonoma. That alone could be part of issues with this.

macOS 14 Sonoma Compatibility Statement – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

While specific NI things might work on Sonoma and some users may think they did not see any obvious issues - 99.99% of NI stuff is not supported

VP

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,891 Expert

That is a loooong standing issue that I reported well over 18 months ago now, was never fixed, was confirmed but not fixed and affects a LOT of instruments in Ableton including Cherry Audio, Korg. VST2 versions of the same plugins are all fine, just VST3 of many plugins shows no GUI, not even in the 3.0 downgrade version either.

They still work so you can use NKS to operate them but all I can suggest is for people to make noise about it because it's clear reporting bugs and filing detailed repro steps isn't enough to have anything actually done about it. Fat chance that will now ever be fixed in v2x of KK!

• Milad
    Milad Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank guys for the feedbacks. By the way I didn't test it in Mac and I have this issue in Win11.

Yeah I also noticed UI glitches with KK3.0 . Unfortunately I'm a bit busy and didn't know about these issues. I usually just update available options from Native Access if there is sth.

Actually, after playing a bit I found a hacky solution at least for EW Opus.

Here are the steps:

1- Load your EW plugin from inside KK.

2- Then you will end up having empty UI.

3- override your previously loaded instrument ( in this case reloading opus),

4-Then you can continue working with opus inside KK.

As it seems there is an issue with VST versions.

This discussion has been closed.