How do I use glaze when it says that my kontakt 7 needs an update?

Options
Walter80
Walter80 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, I’m using a PC I have a kontakt seven that I just updated and when I tried to use the glaze library, it won’t open because it says my kontakt 7 version is too old. But I have the 7.6.1 version I mean I just bought the update and it’s saying that I can’t use it. I bought komplete 14 standard because I thought it was already going to come with glaze on it, and I was going to be able to use it freely but it’s not working. I currently have Kontakt 6 version 6.8.0. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Can you tell me what to do? I’ve tried everything.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is because your Kontakt 7 IS too old.

We are on 7.7.2 now - not 7.4.2.

The "latest" Glaze will require at least K7/K7 Player v7.6.0

VP

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    edited November 2023
    Options

If you are getting ANY messages indicating a Kontakt instrument is too old - this (most likely) has nothing to do with Kontakt 7 - you are most likely trying to open Glaze using K6.8.0 - and while that WAS good in K6 a while ago - Glaze is now updated to only be used in Kontakt 7.6.x or higher.

Glaze was updated in Sept 2023 to be ready for the Kontrol Series MKIII keyboards and only works with K7 now (unless you do a rollback)

Please detail exactly which instrument you are launching and a screencap of the error message.

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Options

@Walter80 It could also be a plugin administration issue. Click on the NI logo in the Kontakt window when loaded as a plug-in in your DAW, does it show the same version as the standalone Kontakt?

• A Mayjah
    A Mayjah Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Kontakt player and Kontakt 7. will not open it. Even updated to latest version on separate NI accounts and machines. Doesnt work. Says even the newest version of Kplyr is too old.....

• Vocalpoint
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is because your Kontakt 7 IS too old.

We are on 7.7.2 now - not 7.4.2.

The "latest" Glaze will require at least K7/K7 Player v7.6.0

VP

• A Mayjah
    A Mayjah Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This is nonsense. Kontakt 7, nor Kontakt Player work. Dowloaded the newest version of both and neither of them will open it. It says the newest version of both is out of date or too old.

COME ON NI, yall ****** up!

• Robbeattie
    Robbeattie Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I'm 'stuck' on 7.4.2 and when I run Native Access it says that everything is up to date - I'm not offered 7.7.2.

Is it because I'm running an older version of the Mac OS - 10.15.7 (Catalina) perhaps?

• Vocalpoint
    Options

@Robbeattie

"Is it because I'm running an older version of the Mac OS - 10.15.7 (Catalina) perhaps?"

Correct. You will need to get rolling to something newer than that - but NOT Sonoma (at this point).

NI has still not confirmed full Sonoma compatibility as of this writing.

macOS 14 Sonoma Compatibility Statement – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

VP

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options
  • Robbeattie
    Robbeattie Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Very helpful both. I'm upgrading to an M2 in the new year so I'll just hang on until then.

Thanks again.

Rob

• ATB96
    ATB96 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

I keep getting a message from Native Access saying "download failed" when I try to update my Kontakt 7. I'm running MacOS Somona, but i was getting the same error before I updated from Ventura. No idea why I'm getting that error, and nobody from NI will send me a link so that I can update Kontakt 7 outside of Native Access. Anyone have any ideas of how I can solve this?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Options

@ATB96 I've already answered to you in one other thread.