How long to complete Firmware-Update on mk3 Keyboards

Megatim
Megatim Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi all,

I realize there is some confusion about how long it will take to complete the firmware update.

I was able to complete the firmware Update for a mk3 61 on a Windows 10 Machine, but it took more than 2 hours. I am not exaggerating. I started the firmware-update yesterday in the late evening. After 2 hours, the update was still not done, so I went to bed. This morning I returned to the mk3 expecting it to be still running the update, but it actually did finish the firmware-update while I was asleep.

So in short, the update took somewhere between 2 to 7 hours to finish, but it DID finish. I really hope this helps!

Comments

• fLaX
    fLaX Member Posts: 12 Newcomer

my update failed everytime i tried it. Hope they bring a driver for windows 11 soon

• CharlesHoffman
    CharlesHoffman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    I'm on Windows 11, and it took about 10-15 minutes to install the firmware update.
  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 945 Guru

I'm also on Windows 11 and both firmware updates I did took AT LEAST 10 minutes; probably longer.

In some cases, people had to let their firmware updater run for HOURS and in one case more than a day in order for the update to be successfully completed.

If you are one of those who has to wait a long time, you might consider making sure that both your computer AND your keyboard are getting power through your UPS...in case of a power blackout during the update.

• TotalFaith
    TotalFaith Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm on macOS and I had to attach it to a powered USB-C hub before it would work. Once it did it took about 10-15 minutes.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 905 Guru

Once I got the setup working on my Windows 10 per the announcement instructions at the top of this page and got an appropriate power supply attached, the update completed in about 15 minutes.

• jablon
    jablon Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

My updater is going for more then 10 hours now. Is there a way to check the progress or if its still downloading properly ??

• BIF

I know today is 4 days later than your last post. But yes, some people had to leave it updating for more than a day. Hopefully it has finished for you by now and was successful.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 666 Guru
    edited July 6

Hmm, S49 Mk3, MacOS Sonoma 14.5, included USB C cable - about 5 mins (Intel Mac mini 2018).

• Simon Caby
    Simon Caby Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Windows 11, using a dedicated PSU, my S61 takes hours everytime I update… Really annoying but I'm getting used to it. Maybe too many USB devices connected simultaneously?

• BIF

Mine takes 5-10 minutes on my i9 system from 2022.