V Collection 9 Certain Instrument Previews not Playing

Options
Nicholas Bean
Nicholas Bean Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Hi Guys,

I did a complete re-install of Both Komplete Control and a complete uninstall / re-install of all my V collection Synths and Effects as well as U-He Diva and Repro.

Full disk access / restart and plugin/library scans etc... all done

Nothing seems to be working

All my synths are showing up and all the U-He previews are working perfectly. However, 1/3 of my V collection synth previews won't play, even though they are in the default location and are visible in the filtered search results for that specific plugin.

Wurli V, Vox Continental,Solina V,SEM V, Modular V, Mini V, Matrix -12,Farfisa V, Arp 2600 all have visible previews, but no sound. The rest of the Collection works fine.

I'm at a loss and quite disappointed really. After years of having issues browsing V collection, I finally caved and bought a KK midi keyboard ( s49 MK2) and was hoping to have an easy time. But this transition has been nothing short of a headache. I've spent 2 days going round the houses and keep running into issues.

These are some of my favorite instruments and I'd really love to get them to work.

HELP!

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,802 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

You might be better off asking Arturia, I'm not really sure where they install their preview files but they are not with the nksf presets that's for sure. I suspect they may install them in the same place NI does. Anyway sounds just like for some reason they have not been installed so try their support.

• Nicholas Bean
    Nicholas Bean Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for the response. I actually did a little digging and figured out the problem.

inside each instrument folder is a third party folder which contains a Native instruments folder. Inside each one of those is aPreset folder which contains a hidden folder which can only be revealed by hitting "SHIFT + OPTION + ." this is a .previews folder which contains all the necessary previews. No matter how many times I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the instruments in question, both through Arturia's Software Center App, or Manually, that folder is non-existent on those specific instruments. I don't know if they're doing it on purpose to make NI less appealing, but it seems a bit odd and a pretty serious oversight on their part. I even tried a few of the legacy installers and just clicked the "Third Party box" but still had the same results.

Here's what it should look like:

Here's what all the no preview instruments in question look like:

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,802 mod
    Options

I don't know if they're doing it on purpose to make NI less appealing, but it seems a bit odd and a pretty serious oversight on their part

Nah it's not that, I have the previews loading for me, I just think they have put them somewhere else for those instruments. I wonder if they (as they are older Arturia plugins) are included in the large Previews folder Native Access installs, do you have that installed?