no sound on Guitar rig 6

Options
Dave1234
Dave1234 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi

This is the third computer , this time iMAC , latest Mac OS, I try to use Guitar rig 6 free version on and it doesn't work, no sound. I have uploaded some pictures. Plugged in guitar to audio interface and then to iMAC from audio interface connection with red and white cable to speaker. Tried both sound settings on the computer ; "speaker in IMAC" or "Mixer -Audio" and still doesn't work. In Guitar rig 6 in preferences för device I tried both "mixer -audio ", "microsoft teams audio " and "built in", nothing... When I choose "mixer audio" for device, guitar rig doesn't find any inputs.

Please help me to start this program.....

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,070 mod
    Options

Hello,

I'm not a mac user myself but there is a security setting where you have to allow access to input devices for every program you want the input to work. Maybe that's the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-en/guide/mac-help/mchla1b1e1fe/mac

• Dave1234
    Options

Thanks

The microphone was already on for the guitar rig app.

Still doesn't work.

I don´t know why the native instrument folks don't give any support.....

• Uwe303
    Options

What is that interface, what model exactly. Have you tried with other software and if dies it work? Could be also a setting on the interface,

• Dave1234
    Options

Thanks

I have attached some pictures so that you can see how the audio interface in connected. When on the guitar rig I choose as device "built in" the input and output meter show signal. Guitar rig get signal from the surrounding but not from my guitar. Also if I play something from YouTube on the computer the sound goes to speaker through my audio interface but still nothing from my guitar.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Which macOS version are you using?

• Uwe303
    edited October 2023
    Options

On the first picture I can see you use the correct input nr.2 but gain is all the way down, if you play your guitar you should at least see the sig. led light up. Strange that you don't have input 1/2 under the input settings, you should use there input 2 and set gr to mono next to the input led bars. But at first we need to set some input from that interface. Under the osx audio settings do you see it there as 2 in/2 out interface or only as 2 out interface. Like here the steinberg one is shown as 2in/2out device: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115001790330-macOS-Audio-interface-not-working-properly-not-accessible

• Dave1234
    Options

Hi

Thanks for your help:)

I have macOS , Apple M1 iMAC.

I hope I understood the question. I have attached two pictures, System setting - Sound setting- sound in ("Ljud in") and sound out ("Ljud ut") . As shown I get two options ; speaker in iMAC ("Högtalare i iMAC") and Mixer audio (the audio interface?).

• Uwe303
    Options

If you play guitar, and raise the gain knob for input 2, do you even see the signal LED light go on? I asked if you see it as 2 in \2 out device cause in the past there where some cheap interfaces, with 2 devices one for 2 outs (1 stereo) and one for 2 inputs, you then would need to create an aggregate device in order to use it as one interface. But in your case it seems ok.

• Dave1234
    Options

Thanks for your replay.

I hope I understood thie question. You mean the LED light on the audio interface? Yes it lights up, you can see on the pictures. When I play the guitar the sound is heard on the speaker but nothing happens on Guitar Rig.

• Uwe303
    Options

No the LEDs are off, I mean the "sig" (signal) indicator LEDs in green. But if you connect a guitar and turn the gain knob up, guitar works (of course) you should see the LEDs light up.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Dave1234

If you are using MacOS Sonoma (you mentioned "latest OS") - there is no support for any NI stuff in Sonoma at the moment.

And considering GR6 is several years old now - that definitely that will not be supported either.

Best case is to try and get back to an MacOS version known to officially support GR6

VP

• Dave1234
    Options

Sorry , now I get it.....

The sig light on the audio interface doesn't light up even if I play the guitar and the Gain is turned all the way up as you can see in the picture

I have the MacOS 13.1 (22C65) .

• Uwe303
    Options

Then there is no signal to go into the computer, I fear we have here 2 problems, and we have to solve them one by one. What cables do you use, does the guitar work if you connect it to something else, even a tuner can be enough to test the signal.

• Dave1234
    Options

Hi!

I try to attach video clip with sound to this comment

but wasn't able to. Took pictures . Yes, I get sound for example when I play through Nux Mighty Plug MP-2, and hear sound from the speakers through the audio interface , that is I can turn the volume up with the monitor knob.

• Dave1234
    edited October 2023
    Options

Took pictures of the cables also.....