Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,850 mod
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options

Unless this gets reversed I see no reason for KK to even have samples as they are of very little use now. I used to drag them into Form and several granular engines from the browser.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,635 Expert
    Options
  • Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

feeling this too, consuming over creating, As many brands synths presets browsers added the same kind of KK browser features, I slowly began using KK less and less, feeling it more like almost an unnecessary layer adding complexity. May be it’s the way I work, doing more sound design than composing 🤷‍♂️

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    Options

I've got another one. Maybe this is unintentional, but...

There's no valid reason to reduce the size of the window to select controls to attribute when creating, or editing pages. Unless, that is, you have two windows being drawn concurrently within the output, stacked one on top of the other.

It's obviously using the previous KK code, because it's identical, only smaller, and less useful. I'm not a coder, but this seems like it's a modal limited to the output area, but is now hampered by the full width and set height design.

It feels like I should point this out - Massive X was the first instance of the new browser, and it works so much better than the original preset browser, and right now, it's better than KK3.

I can change my workflow up, as I did with K7's new browser - I'm used to it now, and it works. But as of right now, even though I have an MK3 on order, it looks like I'll be using Kontakt 7 for Kontakt instruments, and KK 2.9 for plugins. I can get the benefit of NKS2, but for 1st and 3rd party plugins I am close to going back already.

• eclipxe
    eclipxe Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I was disappointed by v3. I echo what JesterMgee says.

Honestly, that mock screen shot with all those presets - that actually looks great. Its funny that's an example of what you don't want to do...we want more presets and information, not less. Sigh.

• JesterMgee
    Options

I raised that somewhere in the Beta too, I now basically give up spending my time beta testing. If they don't listen to thousands of users asking for something, they aint gonna listen to me half the time. Funnily, they were right onto the memory leak bug because it is only those simple performance things they focus on, anything "cosmetic" gets pushed aside.

Just uninstall it and go back to V2, it is superior in every conceivable way I have found.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Didn't forget that, just avert your gaze to the top left of screen and take in the rebranded logo. That point was covered in length months ago for its displeasing aesthetic.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

When using as a plugin in Cubase, there's a four second gap after selecting a brand, before the available instruments can be scrolled. This also happens in the standalone app. On further investigation, it appears the length of delay depends on the number of intruments there are under each brand.

For sound type, there's a smaller delay, and for Character's there's hardly any delay.

None of this happened with 2.9.

Instances are not recalled correctly in Cubase, despite them working yesterday with 2.9. I really don't want to get to the stage of having to wite the presets I'm using in each track name...

Sorry, just giving more feedback.

• Doobox
    Doobox Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

Clunky user experience. Unintuitive. Feels incomplete. Because it is. 3/10

This discussion has been closed.