Komplete Kontrol S series MK1 keyboards End Of Life

Options

Comments

• GroZours
    GroZours Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

So we buy the Full Ultimate package of the Stars, for thousands,

We buy ans use the S61 MK1, for : Lights, scales, and buttons that sometimes work, ( and the super virtual "Instance"or"Browse" that pops windows out of the screens... )

Keyboard we bought, costly.

We are bugged in Studio One and DaVinci with NI Plugins.

And now.... we are either forced to upgrade, buying you even more stuff, that will maybe work ( CF the MK II In Studio One... took years... )

or accept to stop the updates for all the stuff we already payed for.

And how much will you give users you force to upgrade ?

Seriously....

Please, tell me that after it will require a monthly subscription, I feel like I'd love to also.

that really puts me off, and as I'm FORCED to change things, I'll change things.

( I know some here don't care, I'm fine with this )

And... Hey NI, don't even invoque the software maintenance or stuff like this... your code for the buttons, that remains on the next thing is the same, the lights are the same, the scale integrated button , the same, and midi IO is the same since jurassic age...creating the "unsupported for MK1" versions of the NI updates is only a choice to revoque the MK 1 living stuff.

Theres a HUGE difference between "not supported" and "not FUNCTIONNING", and you are killing mK1 on purpose, even if it could still work for 95% of the options you won't even modify, so that is bullshyt to force sell stuff.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,087 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ah - my apologies. Yes - I did check that link out but then again - not exactly sure what the issue is (or where it lies).

Having one guy rant and rave (and curse) that "Nothing from NI works in Studio One" tells me exactly nothing. Tells me one guy has an issue and that is all right now.

Highly unlikely that this has anything to do with Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 and even more unlikely that it is a thing elsewhere as I cannot find any mention of this in the Facebook Studio One groups (which go deeper than deep on all things S1) OR the PreSonus forums.

If there was a rampant issue with KK 2.9.4 and S1 - it would be a huge discussion and certainly no secret.

To your question about "should we accept it?": I will.

This "could" be a problem specific to Studio One 6.5 (which is only 10 days old or so) but right now I am on Studio One 6.2.1 and I have no issues like that whatsoever.

KK 2.9.4 has been rock solid for months and months.

VP

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Happy for you. Less for the ones having issues.

One suggestion: just for safety, don’t update Studio One (yes, NI is so good they managed to make us scared to update also other companies softwares)

• Vocalpoint
    edited October 2023
    Options

Agreed.

Even though the bulk of the user base now sees Studio One 6.5.0 as being solid - I do not and I never install any major S1 update until the first "bug fix" (v6.5.1) comes around.

PreSonus is readying this for release soon and then I will move over.

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,950 mod
    Options

@LostInFoundation The Studio One update was released on September 26th 2023, the last Komplete Kontrol update was released in June 2023. The issue does not seem to appear on any other DAW. It has nothing to do with the EOL of MK1 keyboard anyway. I can understand disappointment and frustration for the EOl of MK1 but please don't use this Studio One 6.5 issue, it only brings more confusion, in order to get a clearer idea of what's up with Studio One 6.5, I would suggest to keep talking about it here.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,803 Expert
    Options

@Jeremy_NI And what about Maschine SW? Will it be the same as KK? No, KK S-kb MK1 any more?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,950 mod
    Options

Good question, I'll try to get more info on that. I guess integration with S Series MK1 will stay the same. Since the new keyboards don't have integration with Maschine software, there are no big changes coming for the Maschine software.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    Options

I think even then this may only apply to some systems, by the couple of accounts in that thread also only on Windows. I upgraded S1 without issues on Mac and Jeremy also reported being unable to reproduce the stated bugs on Mac (although the reports are kindof vague to be fair so that would be hard to be certain of)

• Vocalpoint
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Kymeia

I have asked (in the other thread) for someone (anyone) to explain (clearly) what they believe is going on with S1 and Komplete Kontrol. What I do know is I am on Windows 10, on Studio One 6.2.1 and nothing is going on.

I have not yet moved to Studio One 6.5 so I cannot test this. BUT - the official Presonus forums do not mention anything like this (with 100s or perhaps 1000s of folks using S1 6.5.0 AND NI products/Komplete Kontrol) and nothing on the FB Studio One Users group either.

It is a certainty that between the folks in these two (very well-travelled) forums - if this was a rampant S1 issue - we would know about it by now.

Users in these two boards would waste NO time complaining about a hard crash scenario like this.

VP

• Tom Collins
    Tom Collins Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

The least NI could do was to issue some vouchers for us MK1 users to get a little discount towards the new MK3 keyboards

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 915 mod
    Options

Hi! Matt from NI (Product Manger).

You're 100% wrong. That's all I can say at this time, but I expect some updates to be made over the next year, starting smaller, getting bigger.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Happy to respond!

The issue with side by side installation is entirely to do with session recall.

Older sessions would not recall with KK3, but with KK2, which is no longer in active development, nor supported. A user would have to manually replace all instances of KK2 with KK3 in all sessions. The advantage to installing KK3 over KK2 is that older sessions immediately open with full adoption for the new software and new features.

We had to choose an approach, and that's why we chose the approach we did.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

With regards to data tracking - the issue is more ensuring an accurate and reliable enough sample size.

Approximately 90% of our customers share anonymized usage data with us, so it's reasonably well reflective of the user-base.

This discussion has been closed.