Rainbow effect on Komplete Kontrol S49 Mark II

Options
chris2453
chris2453 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hey dear community,

been using NI Software for years. I was looking for a new MIDI-Keyboard, so I just purchased the Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2. I really like the overall quality and the feel of the keys.

My problem is a very heavy rainbow effect on the lights when moving my eyes, especially the ones above the keys. Did a little research and cound't find anything about this issue. I took some pictures that show what I mean, seems it's not only my eyes. It is so enoying that I can't even use the keyboard.

Tested different USB calbes (ofc also the included one) and different ports. Firmware is up-to-date. I contacted my local reseller, waiting for a callback.

Someone else also having this problem? Any ideas what can cause this?

Best Answer

• chris2453
    Answer ✓
    Options

My seller said the product is fine, so I went to a local store yesterday to check out another Komplete Kontrol S Keyboard and it was the same problem, also with Maschine. Seems my eyes are too fast and not made for the LED's of your products. It's really sad, because I liked the feel of the keys and the ability to control all my NI instruments and plugins.

Btw, found only one more product with LED lights at the store yesterday, out of over 100, that caused a similar problem with my eyes.

Going to check out the new Kontrol S-Series, hope you build in some faster LED's for people like me. ;-)

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    Options

Could be ‘Vegas Mode’ has been inadvertently activated - try the instructions to toggle it on and off from here

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408650711185-Activating-Vegas-Mode-on-NI-Hardware-Devices

• chris2453
    Options

Thanks for your respone. No, that's not the kind of rainbow effect I mean, I'm talking about a DLP rainbow effect. It's when seperate color spectrums are visible to your eyes, something that typically happens with old projectors. Check out "DLP Rainbow Effect Example" on YouTube, that may demonstrate better what I mean.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@chris2453 I don't think I've ever seen this. Is it happening all the time? What if you load an instrument? Does the colour change? Is it happening in standalone? In a DAW, everywhere? Do you have the possibility to check with another computer? If it also behaves like that on the other computer, it's definitely a hardware default.

• chris2453
    Options

It's happening all the time, no matter the software I use, DAW, Kontrol, Maschine. The intensity varies on selected colors. With the standard blue it is less then with a loaded instrument that for example has yellow colors.

I sadly don't have another computer at hand anymore. But I already shipped it back to the seller for a product exchange. Hope the new one doesn't have the same problem.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

@chris2453 You did well to send it back, it definitely looks like a hardware failure, one that I've never seen so pretty rare and the next one should be fine. Let us know when you get it.

• chris2453
    Answer ✓
    Options

My seller said the product is fine, so I went to a local store yesterday to check out another Komplete Kontrol S Keyboard and it was the same problem, also with Maschine. Seems my eyes are too fast and not made for the LED's of your products. It's really sad, because I liked the feel of the keys and the ability to control all my NI instruments and plugins.

Btw, found only one more product with LED lights at the store yesterday, out of over 100, that caused a similar problem with my eyes.

Going to check out the new Kontrol S-Series, hope you build in some faster LED's for people like me. ;-)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    Options

I think you can at least turn them off with the new keyboards so you could only have them on if you really need them

• chris2453
    Options

Thanks, going to check that out.