NI S61 Keyboard stopped working properly

Options
Mysterien
Mysterien Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

All of a sudden my S61 keyboard stopped working properly.... the lights and controls on the keyboard stopped working. It is still playing the VST midi fine, but I have no controls anymore. I did not change any settings or anything. I shut it off and back on and still nothing is fixed. I also tried loading an instance of Kontakt 7 and the S61 keyboard does not load or recognize any of the NI on Kontakt 7 either. I am on iMac Monterey and Ableton Live 11.

Any thoughts on what happened here and how to fix it?

EDIT UPDATE... I decided to open Komplete Kontrol as a stand alone and it reconnected with my S61 controller and now it works again!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mysterien
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes it is working again.... I am not sure what happened, but it seems like it needed to be re-connected with the Komplete Kontrol stand-alone to sort of "reset" everything. I don't know... that is just my best guess. I am glad that seems to be all it was.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

Does it work everywhere? Also in your Ableton? Did you check there which ports were turned on (KK DAW-1, KK,…)?

• Mysterien
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes it is working again.... I am not sure what happened, but it seems like it needed to be re-connected with the Komplete Kontrol stand-alone to sort of "reset" everything. I don't know... that is just my best guess. I am glad that seems to be all it was.