Blinking lights on S61 mk2

Options
AaronK
AaronK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I’ve had my Kontrol S61 for a few months now and love it. I’ve used it daily so far with no significant issues that a restart didn’t fix.

Today I walked into my studio and all the lights were blinking in a pattern, like a disco mode on some digital mixers. No response from the unit. Tried the suggested NI troubleshooting of switching cables, etc with no luck. I noticed that in my Mac system info panel, it doesn’t show as connected. Other USB devices work on the same ports, so the ports themselves aren’t the issue.

The lights are on if it’s connected via USB cable, but the computer doesn’t actually see it. I’ve submitted a support ticket.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is my new keyboard “fried”? How could this have happened?

iMac 27” 4K, 3.3Ghz i5 CPU, OSX 10.15.7, Logic Pro 10.4.8

Comments

• Methos
    Methos Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me today - i've had my S61 for just over a month and it's suddenly done this .. ive tried connecting with different cables and connecting to different computers but still just the flashing lights and computer not seeing it .... let me know if you have any joy ... this is killing me .,...

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

It sounds like what is referred to as "Vegas Mode" which is just a display mode you can place the keyboards into when in a store so it looks cool:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408650711185-Activating-Vegas-Mode-on-NI-Hardware-Devices

Problem is, this usually requires you to manually place it into this mode and should not be entering into this mode on its own so would usually reset when powered off/on again.

• Kevpez31
    Kevpez31 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Has anyone figured this out yet? I just turned on my computer yesterday and this exact same issue is present. Someone please help me

• Arik Nesser
    Arik Nesser Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same problem happening. I am running Windows 10 and I tried to use my S61 today but it is stuck with the boot light pulse. I don't know how to fix this. I tried reinstalling Native access and it didn't help. Now my tracks are all messed up and cannot play any of the interments from Komplete Kontrol.

• Methos
    Methos Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

I had to raise a ticket with NI, they arranged a courier to collect it, and replaced it with a new one .. apparently this is not fixable .....