Windows 11 won't recognize the Komplete Kontrol s88 MK2?

Options
tyrion101
tyrion101 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have a USB-b cable I've been using for years with my m-audio keystation 88, and the one that comes with the s88 is not long enough. So my new keyboard will power on, run through the startup, then a few seconds later usb device is not recognized. I've installed the proper drivers, but nada. Is this the USB cable not working with this model? All of the USB connections are USB 3 or higher on my PC. I've got at least one USB-c as well. Only other thing I can think to try is get a newer usb-b cable. I've tried all of the things that I've found for USBs not being recognized. So what's the issue here? Did I forget something in the installation process? Is there a button or button combo I am supposed to press after it starts up? I'm grasping at straws here.

Tagged:

Answers

• giandavid
    giandavid Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Tyrion101,

I hade the same problem with my USB keyboard a couple years ago. I went crazy. I used this cable USB-b only with my keyboard and I never thought that this cable could give me issues.

After a week I tryed the cable of my printer cause it's the same, and there works again.

Did you try an other cable?

Did you upgrade your windows 11 from 10?

Did you install all the drivers for the main board from the original website ? And did you an firmware upgrade?

Let me know.

All the best

Giandavid

• tyrion101
    tyrion101 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I installed all the drivers, the only thing I haven't done is try another cable, which should get here by tomorrow. When I got this original cable I don't think USB 2 was all that common, and this might not also be the proper kind of cable either. Windows 11 is what I have been using all along. This keyboard is brand new as in I just got it this weekend. The weird thing is the old cable still works perfectly fine with the old midi keyboard. Just not this one. I'm feeling like the cable is the issue at this point. If it isn't obvious, at present I don't have another cable to try. The one that came with it is too short by a mile.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Check this article, there are a few other steps to check: My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

• Phil Norris
    Phil Norris Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I'm using the cable provided by Native, and it doesn't work either.

Native should provide a power supply, they should provide 2 cables.

AFAIK - you have to buy various USB hubs and different cables and test your way forward, sounds like that is what everybody using these products are doing.

At some point it might work, but mine doesn't on Mac or PC - so I can't really help you with specifics - rather that their own cable doesn't work either. So they blame it on the PC.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 475 Pro
    Options

I don't know if the MK2 keyboard is the same as the MK3, but I definitely needed to provide a separate power supply to my S88 MK3 because it simply draws too much power for most USB powered ouputs. I just used an old power supply from a laptop, plugged it into a wall outlet and everything worked fine.