How do I use Komplete Kontrol in Reaper?

Options
nigelinspain
nigelinspain Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi,

I have installed Komplete Kontrol and it shows up as a VST in my DAW Reaper. I have created some backing tracks and what to change some of the instruments over to those I can see in Komplete Kontrol. I thought this would be as simple as it is with Spitfire but for some reason when I change a track over to an instrument in Komplete Kontrol nothing plays.

What do I have to do to make these instruments play?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@nigelinspain IS everything working in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? A lot of Komplete Kontrol instruments, like Reaktor synths and Kontakt libraries will respond to MIDI channel 1. Check that your backing tracks also emit on that channel. Maybe this article will help too: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• nigelinspain
    Options

Hi Jeremy_NI,

Thanks for your response. When I click the FX button in Reaper and call up Kontact Kontol software I can select an instrument and I can hear it if I double click it, but when I apply the instrument to my midi track and try and play it nothing happens.

I will check to see if my backing tracks are being sent to channel 1.

Thanks

Nigel

• indierock84
    indierock84 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

do you have to download any software or extensions to get deep integration with reaper and komplete kontrol S61 midi keyboard? struggling

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,771 mod
    Options
  • nigelinspain
    Options

Thanks for that info