Slow Scrolling in Kontakt 7? (App and Plugin)

Options
narot23
narot23 Member Posts: 17 Member

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue where scrolling up or down is very slow in Kontakt, both desktop and plugin, as well as Komplete Kontrol. Windows seems fine with my scrolling setting, and for the most part, I have no issues on various webpages (there are a page or two, such as Google Docs/Sheets, and a Plugin Vendors site).

Is this known/resolved? Any sort of workaround? If I crank up the scroll speed in Windows, it turns into a complete circus, I can't scroll webpages at a sane pace. The Native Instruments page regards the scrolling as fine, it's just the plugins/apps that are having issues. Thanks!

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@narot23 As far as I know, this has not been reported yet. What's your graphic card? What are your display settings? Would it be possible for you to make a video of the issue, zip it and post it here?

• narot23
    Options

Hello, I have an RTX 3060 Ti. It happens on both of my displays - 1080p and 1440p. I do not believe it has anything to do with display resolution or refresh. It's only in NI plugins where my scroll wheel is slower than the rest of the OS, Browser, etc. A video is attached, you will note that during the browser period the scrolling is extremely fast whereas in Kontakt it goes line-by-line and very slowly. It's unusuable in this manner.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @narot23 I don't see what's wrong in the video, I've also shown it to colleagues. It looks like the normal behaviour of Kontakt 7, you seem to be the first one to complain about it, unless we did not fully understand the issue or the video does not really transcribe the severity of the issue.

• narot23
    Options

Perhaps it's not clear in the video. In Komplete Kontrol/Kontakt/Reaktor, when scrolling between devices, the scroll notches are very slow - I have to really lean into it to get the motion going. When in the web browser, using the Windows configuration, it's a single notch or two to go up or down a few pages. It's as if the NI software is ignoring the Windows scroll setting and using some sort of default.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@narot23 Unfortunately it's hard to really get the issue here. Can you share a screenshot of these Windows scroll settings so we can maybe try to reproduce your issue?

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

I agree with narot23.

Scrolling using the mouse scrollwheel is very slow in Kontakt. The problem is obvious in Edit Mode and also when scrolling performance views of multiple loaded instruments, like shown in the attached video.

CTRL + mousewheel scrolls faster, by pages. It can feel a bit too fast and jumpy. And many times I like to keep one hand on mouse an the other hand on MIDI keyboard. So, using CTRL key is not always convenient.