Bug: It is required to open the Battery UI in order to load samples

Options
st-h
st-h Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Battery 4

In addition to the various other bugs with project recall in Battery 4.3.0, when I reopen a saved project in logic, I need to open each Battery instance manually in order to load the plugin samples. If I don't do that, battery is silent. If I open the UI, it appears as the samples are loaded for the first time. Afterwards I can close the UI until I open another project. Then I need to go through all the Battery instances again and open each instance for Battery to work as expected.

This all is incredibly frustrating. I am a Native Instrument user for about 20 years now. The only situation where using NI products was similarly bad, was in the early days of Kontakt. Thankfully Kontakt really improved over time, but now it feels like we are back to square one. Why?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@st-h I don't think this specific issue has been reported yet. I'll ask for a couple of questions, sorry if those were asked already when troubleshooting other Battery issues.

Do Logic and Battery both have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Is that on any saved project or only old ones? Can you reproduce the issue with a recent project? Could you share a small project so we can see if we reproduce the issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery

This discussion has been closed.