Can you tell me more about Wavetable in Massive X? How it made? What was it intended to be used for?

Options
kozv
kozv Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Massive X & Synths

I learned the following from the video "Au5 | The "HyperGrowl" | Serum Tutorial."

(Wavetable) Drift > Drift Octaves, Quad Saw, Quad Saw Oct, Simp drift, Susaw, Susaw +, Susaw Octave

These are resampled SuperSaw or SuperSquare made with Unison and Detune

Also, I recently solved the mystery of Wavetable, which sounds like a chord.

(Wavetable) Drift > Herbst

The overtone structure of Herbst is Rm5 | Rm57 | ......

I thought Wavetable could only play integer multiples of frequencies, but I was wrong: if you write Sine, which is played 6 times while Wavetable is played 5 times, you will hear the minor 2nd degree in Just intonation.

As shown in the image, six waveforms with different phases are stored in one Wavetable.

Massive X's Wavetable does not have editing capabilities like Serum, but instead has a ready-made wavetables. At first glance it doesn't seem to be able to do much, but it seems to be quicker to get to the sound you have in mind. According to the official demo video.

Unlike Serum, where you guide the Wavetable yourself, when you start using Massive X, you don't know how that Wavetable was created. Hmmm, that is my only mistake in choosing Massive X. (By the way, the reason I chose Massive X is because of its cool Preset sound.)

I am a Synthesizer newbie and have been working my way through 63 Synth Secrets - From Sound On Sound and Soundgym's Synthesizer Course a bit at a time. Then I also watch Sound tips on youtube.

What pathways did skilled Synthesizer users like Au5 and psyqui learn?

It would be fun to reveal them one by one, but can you tell us all about them? For beginners and geeks. Can you tell us what methods you used to create Wavetable? 

Or does Massive X emphasize "learning by hand, ingesting one thing at a time from the big books, the originals, the original videos and Tutorials, rather than explanations compiled by synthesizer vendors in their instruction manuals"? That's good too. Rather, it is better this way.

Can you give us wavetable design intents?

(I posted it on Ask question, but when I re-edited it after posting, the Question disappeared, so I reposted it here.)

thank you in Advance

Tagged: