Komplete Kontrol keyboard not fully recognized by new/migrated Mac computer
TLDR: My KK S-49 works on my M1 Macbook Pro, but not fully on my M2 Mac Studio.
When plugged into my M1 Macbook Pro (via the USB cable that came with the keyboard, into an Apple USB A-to-C adapter, directly into the computer):
- The keyboard's screens show the MIDI CC controls in MIDI mode
- The Komplete Kontrol app sees the keyboard and the little MIDI Assignment Editor button shows up in the top right of the app.
But if I plug that into my M2 Mac Studio the same way:
- The keyboard's screens only show "Komplete Kontrol" and "Smart Keyboard Controller" with no MIDI CC controls
- None of the keyboard buttons light up or work
- The keyboard does pass basic MIDI signals (notes from the keys and mod/pitch wheel data)
- The Komplete Kontrol app does not see the keyboard and doesn't show the MIDI Assignment Editor button.
I've tried different cables, different ports, and plugging directly into the M2 Mac Studio as well as through a CalDigit TS4 hub, and it's always the same.
Both machines are running macOS Ventura 13.4.1 (current latest version). The S-49 is running firmware v.0.6.0, which I understand is also the latest version.
Any idea what is going wrong here?
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 2.1K Hangout
- 84 NI News
- 1.4K Tech Talks
- 2.3K Native Access
- 13.2K Komplete
- 1.3K Komplete General
- 2.7K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.7K Kontakt
- 3.5K Reaktor
- 325 Battery 4
- 594 Guitar Rig & FX
- 316 Massive X & Synths
- 689 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.9K Maschine
- 4.8K Traktor
- 4.5K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators