Library 2: how to control A / B

Options
Arepo_Tenets
Arepo_Tenets Member Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

Hi guys,

how can I control the A/B pad from outside the GUI? (example in attachment)

Is it a midi CC or a host parameter?

I'd like to control this from MaxMSP, but can't figure out how to send values to it.

Thanks!

--

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,150 mod
    Options

Hello,

it is volume a and volume b in the host controllers list, you can´t learn them with the midi learn function.

• Arepo_Tenets
    Arepo_Tenets Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I didn't find the param name ("Vol A" / "Vol B"), thanks!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

What Kontakt Factory Library 2 instrument is this?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,150 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
  • BarnabyP
    BarnabyP Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for highlighting this.

I was struggling to configure this A/B pad to make these parameters available in the Ableton VST3 device as I couldn't get it to map there using the usual configure button either.

Using the information above I found a workaround in case it's useful to anyone who wants a simpler way to map these controls...

- Load a different Kontakt instrument with a long host automation parameter list. Retro Machines MK2 worked for me.

- Find the Retro Machines parameters in the host automation list that you need for the A/B pad, #27 and #28 in the case above.

- In the Ableton VST3 device, press configure then move controls within the Retro Machines that two parameters relate to. These should now appear in the Ableton device.

- Within Kontakt, close Retro Machines and open the instrument with the A/B pad you want to use in its place.

- The A/B controls should now be available in the Ableton VST3 device.

- You can either save this setup as your default configuration for the Kontakt 7 VST3 device by right clicking the device name or you can group the device in a rack and save the rack which will also maintain this configuration.