Latest update of Kontakt keeps hanging in Cubase 12

Options
Geoff Modulate
Geoff Modulate Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

I'm on Cubase 12 (latest update) and just upgraded to the latest version of Kontakt. PC, Windows 10 (latest update), 64gb memory, Ryzen9 3950X

Now my projects aren't opening in Cubase...they are going through load, then after several instances of Kontakt being loaded the loading just hangs.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• nicmac303
    nicmac303 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I might have the same problem, using Reason 12. I can open the tune but when I open a Kontakt VST to make any edits in the sampler, the plugin (sometimes) freezes and crashes the DAW. Does this sound similar? For the time being I'm just not opening any Kontakts for editing.

I'm using Kontakt v7.5.1, but v7.5.0 was the same.

Cheers.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Geoff Modulate @nicmac303 What happens if you open Kontakt in standalone? Does it crash as well? Have you tried these steps? KONTAKT Crashes

If the crashes occur only ion your respective DAWs, if you use custom VST folders in your DAW make sure that the correct version of Kontakt is in these folders.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

Disable ASIO Guard before loading the project, see if it helps.

This discussion has been closed.