Kontatk 6 Instruments Don't Load

Options
Sid1
Sid1 Member Posts: 8 Member

Hello

I am having issues opening older FL Studio sessions on my new computer. My old computer I had my kontakt 6 libraries on my internal drive but with my new computer, I am hosting them on an external SSD. When I try to open my older sessions, kontakt 6 instruments do no load, I do not even get an error pop up window asking me to locate them. Kontakt 6 loads but it is empty. How can I get my kontakt 6 instruments to load on my new computer, when I open older sessions. Thank you

Best Answer

• Sid1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

Yes, it was fixed. Thank you so much. So, the reason why I wasn't getting the "Content location" / "locate samples" pop up window, was because on my old computer, I was using Kontakt 6 vst2. Because Stienbger announced that they will no longer support vst2, NI had to take out the vst2 version of Kontakt 6 from the native access installer. So now, the only version that gets installed is the vst3. That is why I was having the issue.

What I did was, copied and paste the vst2.dll from my old computer to my new one and that fixed the issue. Now I get the, "Content Location" / "Locate Samples" pop up window to appear. Thank you

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,109 mod
    Options

Hello,

have you opened kontakt stand alone first, so it can scan all libraries and build up the database it needs in order to work correctly afaik?

• Sid1
    Options

Hi Owe303,

Yes, I have. but I thikn you are refering to the kontakt tabs. I am not talking about kontakt tabs on the left hand side. I am talking about the instruments on the right side where they are loaded and ready to play. Those instruments don't load or get prompted to look for the location when I load a older session

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Sid1 Can you post a screenshot of that message? "Those instruments don't load or get prompted to look for the location when I load a older session"

What version of Kontakt 6 is installed on the old computer, on the new? Can you check in standalone and in FL Studio? You just need to click on the NI logo in Kontakt's window. What's your operating system?

• Sid1
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

There is no message that pops up. There is not even a window that asks for me to locate the samples. They do not get prompted for the location when I load an older session.

I am using K6 6.8.0. on both computers, old and new

Old computer windows 10. New computer windows 11

In the picture I uploaded, you can see that, when I open an older session, to the left I have 2 kontakt 6 instances with midi information. but I do not get prompted to locate the missing samples. Please help

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sid1 I've contacted you by email regarding this issue, my colleagues will need to have a deeper look.

• Sid1
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

I received your email and I replied. I appreciate it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sid1 From what I understand the issue was finally fixed, right? Can you share the solution?

• Sid1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

Yes, it was fixed. Thank you so much. So, the reason why I wasn't getting the "Content location" / "locate samples" pop up window, was because on my old computer, I was using Kontakt 6 vst2. Because Stienbger announced that they will no longer support vst2, NI had to take out the vst2 version of Kontakt 6 from the native access installer. So now, the only version that gets installed is the vst3. That is why I was having the issue.

What I did was, copied and paste the vst2.dll from my old computer to my new one and that fixed the issue. Now I get the, "Content Location" / "Locate Samples" pop up window to appear. Thank you