Komplete kontrol showing issue

Options
Amauryb
Amauryb Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello !

I've ordered the upgrade from komplete 10 to 14 CE. In the Komplete Kontrol, when I click on "ALL INSTRUMENTS" I don't see some old instruments (like The Gentleman, Abbey Road,...). I only see the new instruments (40's, action strings 2, ashlight...) and a few of the older (Cuba, action strings 1). If I make a ressearsh and write "gentleman", I will find presets of Gentleman and I can load this instrument this way. But how can I see this instrument like the others in the "all instruments" tab ?

I did'nt use the komplete kontrol in the past, but now I have a S controler so I want to use Komplete Kontrol.

I use Native Access 2. Apple MBP m2max.

Thanks in advance for your help ! :-)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Amauryb Make sure to give full disk access to Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Cubase (if I recognize it from the pic): How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also open Komplete Kontrol in standalone before opening it in your DAW so it can create it's database.

If there are still some instruments missing, try resetting the database, as shown in this article: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Amauryb Make sure to give full disk access to Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Cubase (if I recognize it from the pic): How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also open Komplete Kontrol in standalone before opening it in your DAW so it can create it's database.

If there are still some instruments missing, try resetting the database, as shown in this article: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

• Amauryb
    Amauryb Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for your reply !

Before reinitialize the Database, and/or reinstal KK, is there a risk to loose something in older projects that use KK ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Amauryb No, that should not be an issue.

• Wendllandtyrell
    Wendllandtyrell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Congratulations on upgrading to Komplete 14 CE! If you're missing some old instruments in Komplete Kontrol's "ALL INSTRUMENTS" tab, don't worry; there's a simple solution. To see all instruments, including the ones you mentioned like The Gentleman and Abbey Road, you can try the following steps:

1. Open Komplete Kontrol.
    2. Click on the "Preferences" or "Settings" option (usually located in the menu or settings icon).
    3. Look for an option related to "Library" or "Content" and click on it.
    4. There, you should find a button or option to "Scan for new content" or "Rescan library." Click on it to allow Komplete Kontrol to detect and add any missing instruments.