Can I save my pedal configuration PERMANENTLY?

longestsoloever
longestsoloever Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

So (like every other new Komplete Kontrol user here, apparently) I solved the very confusing issue of my sustain pedal not working properly by programming it in the Komplete Kontrol program (as shown here https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005166305-How-to-Configure-Sustain-Expression-Pedals-on-a-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-MK2-Keyboard?_ga=2.135044081.1754254419.1646603244-2109971184.1644634236).

My problem is this: it resets every single time I restart my computer, and I have to go through the time-consuming process of setting this up by hand every single time I want to use my sustain pedal (waiting for it to scan hundreds of VSTs one by one, on every single launch). This is absolutely crazy. Is there a way to save these settings as the permanent default so I never have to do this again?

Tagged:

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You can try running KK as an “Administrator”, configure the pedal and see if that helps (if you have not already tried that) and for the VST issue, that can be caused by having duplicates of plugins in the scan path which triggers the scan into thinking there is a “New” version of the plugin. I have about 150 plugs and when KK opens the scan takes about 3-4 seconds. Just some suggestions/troubleshooting tips!!!

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 31 Member

My new A49 has this problem with Komplete Kontrol losing my Pedal settings. Rebooting the Mac (M1) and then launching Komplete Kontrol shows that the settings have been lost. If I want my pedal to function am I required to perform this manual setup every time the computer starts?

• logicpromachine
    logicpromachine Member Posts: 31 Member

NI Support informed me this is a known issue with no date for a fix available. Based on this and the duplicate patches issue in the Komplete Kontrol software I cannot recommend the A49. I'm thinking the basic 49 key Roland might be my best option. Hopefully NI takes a look at all these issues because IMO these things should be worked out before a product is released.