Knob text on S88 keyboard

Options
GreyMark7650
GreyMark7650 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello All,

I'm at my wits end looking for a solution to what should be a simple task - I must be missing something fundamental! I can change the text/label on a UI knob easily enough. I can map that knob to the physical encoder on my S88 keyboard but I can't get the text on the physical knob to follow the ui or even change it at all under script control. it is obviously possible since all the Kontakt instruments do it but I'm damned if I can find it.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tearing my hair out (and I have little left).

Thanks in advance

MarkW

Best Answer

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you map your knobs in the Komplete Kontrol standalone app.? Assuming you have a S81 MK2, that is the way you will be able to allocate them to a new cc or other control parameter and give them a new text. Just using a learn function in your DAW to allocate the knob will just change the control parameter but not the knob text.

You start the knob allocation by pressing the cog wheel top right in the KK standalone app. You should best create a new template for the instrument you use or for a plugin with standardized knob settings. You can also define a light guide there. Once done the template is also available in the KK Plugin in your DAW.

Answers

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you map your knobs in the Komplete Kontrol standalone app.? Assuming you have a S81 MK2, that is the way you will be able to allocate them to a new cc or other control parameter and give them a new text. Just using a learn function in your DAW to allocate the knob will just change the control parameter but not the knob text.

You start the knob allocation by pressing the cog wheel top right in the KK standalone app. You should best create a new template for the instrument you use or for a plugin with standardized knob settings. You can also define a light guide there. Once done the template is also available in the KK Plugin in your DAW.

• GreyMark7650
    GreyMark7650 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks, Mavros. I finally managed to do that with some trial and error and it does solve the problem I was looking for a solution to. However, it still doesn't address how you do it under script control. Surely you should be able to set the text in the "on controller" callback in a similar way to being able to set the key color?