Guitar Rig 6.4 and CPU

Options

Do you think guys that Guitar Rig 6.4 eats more CPU?

Tagged:

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,838 mod
    Options

From what I have been able to gather then performance highly depends on use. But also people claim that it that it can be memory hungry. The latter could also influence performance in as much as that if you do not have enough memory then the computer might use a lot of power on swapping memory ! In some use cases it appears as if even 16 GB is not considered that much.  But since Guita Rig 6 came out then discussions suggests that it uses more CPU than GR5 !

I myself , also playing computer games, knows that these days 8 GB is a bare minimum for some games and often even 16 GB is not enough. But I am sure that you will also see that even for programs that is not games then also the GPU may have an influence !  

So the Guitar Rig 6 Pro minimum requirements may have been set optimistically low ! ?

If you have performance issues then take a look at this : How to Resolve Performance Issues with GUITAR RIG

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413943747985-How-to-Resolve-Performance-Issues-with-GUITAR-RIG

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Options

I play the guitar a lot. And I am talking about GR 6.4 and GR 6.3 (the previous update). I feel the difference in performance.

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

This is absolutely not the case with me. That would also be inconceivable, since the basic structure has remained unchanged.  

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Options

One of release notes: Performance improvements.

So, if it is OK for you, my feeling could be wrong. But I would like to read another opinions!