Best rules and interface for plug K Kontrol A49 to Macbook Pro 13 2017 and get minimal latency?

Options
DJ_Konik_Morski
DJ_Konik_Morski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

I have:

• midi keys Komplete Kontrol A49
  • Macbook Pro 13 2017 (i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB Drive, 2 x USB C, OS Monterey 12.6.7)
  • no original cable (but this one QGeem CC0035-3, 1 or 3m long)
  • apps: Komplete Kontrol, Reaktor 6

How to join hardware for best performance and low latency?

1. Is music interface needed, or can I play directly thru usb c Macbook slot?
  2. Which music interface get me lowest latency for playing?, what slot in music interface is needed for A49 (USB?)
  3. Is PreSonus AudioBox iOne good choice? (Has USB slot Device In), I don't see such slot in NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 2 interface).
  4. How to configure MIDI studio on Macbook properly? - see screenshot

Any advice from Macbook users?

THANKS

DJ Konik Morski

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    Options

Just connect both to your machine. There will be little that will affect latency (to your ears) other than the audio settings you make in your interface, keep it at 48Khz and somewhere between 64-512 buffer depending on what is stable with whatever you are doing and that should all be fine.

• DJ_Konik_Morski
    DJ_Konik_Morski Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks JesterMgee,

I dont have any mudio card (interface), photos are only as example. So without interface could man hear fine latency? I gas music driver for A49 was stored by macbook automaticly, but at first time I joint A49 to mac and opened Garage Band (app said that detected 3 midi ports, but no specific midi instrument) and I saw and heard overal 200 ms latency (horrible), so playing was nonsense. I found "AP Extended audio plu-gin" type USB as outgoing audio device - and this gave me best 20 ms latency, but for audio, not for midi. I want only record midi signals in "realtime", very easy, small amount of tracks, I have to use one usbc for charging mac and one for Midi Keys, or hub, but I dont know how usb hub affect latency jet.

Thanks DJ Konik Morski

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@DJ_Konik_Morski With what device have you tried Komplete Kontrol already? On your screenshot, i see a lot of devices. If you are using any kind of blue tooth device, the latency will always be horrible. Have you tried with the onboard mac soundcard? That should be ok regarding latency and would give you an idea of how it will behave with an external soundcard.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@DJ_Konik_Morski Any update?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.