Kontakt - how to undo a Modwheel connection in a preset of Ethereal Earth or Analog Dreams?

Options
DARKER
DARKER Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

In Ableton I build racks with synths per song and when I switch songs, some of the resets from Ethereal Earth and Analog Dreams don't have sound, until I turn the modwheel up, which is somehow connected in those presets to a volume. How to undo that connection? In other words: I want the preset to load exactly as it is instead of resetting the modwheel to its location on the keyboard.

Please advise.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Ethereal Earth & Analog Dreams most of the time the Modwheel (CC1) is assigned to the lowpass filter, so when it's 100% down there is almost no sound. Unfortunately this assignment is hard coded and can't be edited or unassigned. The prests should load independently from where the modwheel is set, it would depend on the position of the parameter in the preset itself.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Usually is not “volume”, but something in the lines of “expression”. “Undoing” this connection will make you lose the expressiveness of the instrument.

In any case, you can have a look at the midi bindings in Komplete Kontrol or Controller Editor (depending on the model of your keyboard)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,742 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Ethereal Earth & Analog Dreams most of the time the Modwheel (CC1) is assigned to the lowpass filter, so when it's 100% down there is almost no sound. Unfortunately this assignment is hard coded and can't be edited or unassigned. The prests should load independently from where the modwheel is set, it would depend on the position of the parameter in the preset itself.