Migrating my Kontakt 5 Library to be seen and used in Komplete Kontrol and my S61

Options
Alkomusic
Alkomusic Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I know there is probably an easy solution. But for the life of me, I cannot get Komplete Kontrol on my S61 to see my older K5 libraries. I actually like them much better than the new K7 instruments. I can use them as plug-ins with Studio One 5, uaing the Komplete Kontrol, but I lose all control with my S61. It does not list the instruments or let me navigate through them and of course, no control of any parameters. Please advise.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Alkomusic

As soon as you install ANY version of Kontakt that is newer than 5 (in your case) - previous versions will "kompletely" disappear from Komplete Kontrol as you have noted.

As much as NI wants to say it "should" work - it does not (and will not regardless what one does) - and only the most recent Kontakt flavour (for both you and I) will be Kontakt 7.

Same thing happened to me when Kontakt 7 (player at the time) was forced on me last Oct. At time I went to install some update or expansion or something via Native Access - and NA insisted it needed Kontakt 7 Player - and left me no choice but to continue.

As soon as K7 Player appeared - ALL my K6 stuff disappeared from Komplete Kontrol and yes -the screens in my S61 MKII.

Now - you can do some janky workarounds to get K5 to open in KK (via the VST Menus) but that method kills all the things that make Komplete Kontrol useful with an NKS enabled board like the S61.

The only way (as of now) to totally restore K5 action to KK (and your keyboard) is to uninstall ANY versions of Kontakt that are newer than v5. Including libraries etc. But that is usually such a huge hassle that no one will attempt it as it will also kill off newer Kontakt instruments that you may want to use.

NI needs to REALLY rework this and allow ANY and ALL versions of Kontakt that are installed to appear normally (and with full functionality in Komplete Kontrol) until such time the user decides to remove a specific version.

VP

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

From the last things you say about using KK in Studio One, it sounds like S61 is not in controller mode but in midi mode. Can you check this?

If S61 is MK1: SHIFT + INSTANCE

if S61 is MK2: SHIFT + MIDI/PLUG-IN

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Does everything show up and work it eh standalone KK? How old is your Komplete bundle (if you have one)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Alkomusic Anything that our friends here posted helped? Do you still need help? Did you try what Jester suggested?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Alkomusic

As soon as you install ANY version of Kontakt that is newer than 5 (in your case) - previous versions will "kompletely" disappear from Komplete Kontrol as you have noted.

As much as NI wants to say it "should" work - it does not (and will not regardless what one does) - and only the most recent Kontakt flavour (for both you and I) will be Kontakt 7.

Same thing happened to me when Kontakt 7 (player at the time) was forced on me last Oct. At time I went to install some update or expansion or something via Native Access - and NA insisted it needed Kontakt 7 Player - and left me no choice but to continue.

As soon as K7 Player appeared - ALL my K6 stuff disappeared from Komplete Kontrol and yes -the screens in my S61 MKII.

Now - you can do some janky workarounds to get K5 to open in KK (via the VST Menus) but that method kills all the things that make Komplete Kontrol useful with an NKS enabled board like the S61.

The only way (as of now) to totally restore K5 action to KK (and your keyboard) is to uninstall ANY versions of Kontakt that are newer than v5. Including libraries etc. But that is usually such a huge hassle that no one will attempt it as it will also kill off newer Kontakt instruments that you may want to use.

NI needs to REALLY rework this and allow ANY and ALL versions of Kontakt that are installed to appear normally (and with full functionality in Komplete Kontrol) until such time the user decides to remove a specific version.

VP