UVI Workstation Doesn't Show In Komplete Kontrol 2.81 (RO) 64-bit Mode

Options
specialmonkey
specialmonkey Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I have a few UVI Workstation sound libraries I'd like to use on my KOMPLETE KONTROL A61 via the Komplete Kontrol program - I can see both (Komplete Kontrol & UVI Workstation) independently as VSTs in Abelton 11 - but I don't see UVI Workstation within Komplete Kontrol software. I have configured the user plugin location in Komplete Kontrol - which for me is: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

On startup, I see Komplete Kontrol initializing and one of the messages is:

Scanning VST(s) - UVIWorkstationVSTx64

The standalone UVIWorkstation program starts up OK independently of Komplete Kontrol software.

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you see the plugin listed here:

Then that is what you get. If you want actual libraries listed in your browser with all the tagging and controls pre-mapped you need an NKS library as UVI is not NKS compatible and you can get those libraries above. You can, of course save out all the presets by hand but given how long that would take it's a small cost to have it done for you and simply plug and play.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Options

Does it appear in the plug-in menu at all?

UVI is not NKS compatible so won’t appear in the browser but there are libraries available for many UVI products here

• specialmonkey
    Options

Thanks for the info (does this mean I might need to pay for for a library to see UVI in Komplete Kontrol?). I don't see any mention of UVI within Komplete Kontrol plugin menus - I have several UVI sound libraries like Mellotron, OB Legacy, PX Memories, etc. that also don't seem to show up in the menus for all instruments, category or vendor. The UVI Workstation version is 3.1.12 x64.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you see the plugin listed here:

Then that is what you get. If you want actual libraries listed in your browser with all the tagging and controls pre-mapped you need an NKS library as UVI is not NKS compatible and you can get those libraries above. You can, of course save out all the presets by hand but given how long that would take it's a small cost to have it done for you and simply plug and play.

• specialmonkey
    Options

Thanks!

I see it in:

Instruments --> VST3 --> UVI menus - I wasn't looking there to start.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Ok, so it will load fine, just if you want to browse the presets and use auto mapping you need an NKS library.