Using S61 & NanoKontrol2 together in Logic

xgsjx
xgsjx Member Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all, new to the forum.

I'm having an issue with using 2 midi controllers together in Logic Pro X.

I've recently got a Korg Nanokontrol2 & set it up as a Mackie Control so I can use it as a mixer controller (allowing me to solo, mute & arm tracks as well as change volume & pan). Works lovely.

However, when I turn on my S61 mk2, the Nanokomtrol stops working as a mixer controller & the sliders just work the pitchbend of the VST on a selected track. So I'm guessing there's a midi conflict happening.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Cheers

Tagged:

Best Answer

• xgsjx
    Answer ✓

Finally sussed it. Went into Midi Studio (Via Audio Midi Setup) & created a new profile. I reset the Nanokontrol2 & left both switched on before opening Midi Studio. Then I closed Midi Control & Audio midi Setup, then turned off both controllers.

Then when I opened LPX, I opened Control surface setup, deleted the Nanokontrol2, turned the Nanokontrol2 on & set it up as Mackie Control. Then turned on the S61 & all worked perfectly.

I’ve not tried adding the Roli Rise yet, but I’m sure if it doesn’t work straight from the out, then a new profile with all 3 controllers via Midi Studio should fix it.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully this helps anyone with a similar issue. If you need more details of what I did, let me know.

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Not sure if this is any use, but I find in general he's a very good resource for Logic Pro X in the real world. I certainly have used more than one controller in Logic in a basic way, but neither of the ones you mention, and I only use for keys generally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiefj6hdno4

• xgsjx

Thanks, I'll go & have a watch.

I was the same. S61 & Roli Rise & just set the midi channel on the track to whichever one I wanted to use on that track.

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

AFAIK, only 1 type of "second gen" controller can be in use at a time. Multiples don't play together. As a test, I was able to use an S88 MKI and an S88 MKII together, but I was not able to use a S88MKII and an S61MKII together. The drivers just aren't bulit for it.

• xgsjx
    Answer ✓

Finally sussed it. Went into Midi Studio (Via Audio Midi Setup) & created a new profile. I reset the Nanokontrol2 & left both switched on before opening Midi Studio. Then I closed Midi Control & Audio midi Setup, then turned off both controllers.

Then when I opened LPX, I opened Control surface setup, deleted the Nanokontrol2, turned the Nanokontrol2 on & set it up as Mackie Control. Then turned on the S61 & all worked perfectly.

I’ve not tried adding the Roli Rise yet, but I’m sure if it doesn’t work straight from the out, then a new profile with all 3 controllers via Midi Studio should fix it.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully this helps anyone with a similar issue. If you need more details of what I did, let me know.

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

OMG, I read the original ask all wrong, lol. In Logic, I make sure that in Control Surface Setup, all of my controllers are on their own lane/row. That usually fixes any conflicts I might have