About 90% playback volume randomly through one monitor until stopping and playing again

Options
Guitarbinge86
Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 47 Member

When I was making music, I realized that randomly during playback most of the sound would come through one monitor, not all about 90%/10% . When I would pause/stop and replay, it would be back to normal. It continued to happen randomly over and over. IDK if it's b/c my computer's weak and I had a handful of VSTi's, but my disk usage was low, memory and cpu about 55%; unless a new VST was loading. I'm in cuabase

Best Answer

• Guitarbinge86
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry I didn't write back sooner. I haven't had the issue since, but when I do; I'll definitively try things to try and diagnose the issue. Though it was probably a hardware issue, I thought it may have been from all these VSTi's I had running simultaneously. Especially, because there were some crazy sounds with all sorts of panning, and I'm new to the VSTi world. Either way, thanks for the help, and I'll update you if it happens again.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

It sounds more like a hardware issues, not software. Something relied to the monitors, the cables or the audio interface.

Does it happen also when using other programs that produce audio (e.g. listening to music with Spotify/YouTube)?

• Guitarbinge86
    Options

I've never had it happen before. In a bit, I'm going to check it again, and I'll try headphones too. I'll get back to you asap. Thanks for the help

• Guitarbinge86
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry I didn't write back sooner. I haven't had the issue since, but when I do; I'll definitively try things to try and diagnose the issue. Though it was probably a hardware issue, I thought it may have been from all these VSTi's I had running simultaneously. Especially, because there were some crazy sounds with all sorts of panning, and I'm new to the VSTi world. Either way, thanks for the help, and I'll update you if it happens again.