iZotope, Brainworx, and Plugin Alliance are now part of NI

Options
124»

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,298 Guru
    Options

Thanks for sharing this link to Benn Jordan. His earlier video on the Expressive E Osmose was a great watch too.

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I completely agree. He has probably lost a lot of potential sponsorship deals, but in return is able to make some of the most informative and thought provoking content on musician Youtube.

And yeah, it is kind of a saddening thought, and Benn is most likely right, since that is how venture capital firms operate. It is hard to imagine the current owners of the company having the same vision as Stephan Schmitt and Volker Hinz when creating Native Instruments, or even a genunine passion in music technology for that matter, when they also own Ruggs USA and Pet Circle.

• emasters
    emasters Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Perhaps with Native Instruments' and iZotope's help, Plugin Alliance can fix the product defect(s) that make is such that users can no longer run PA products when using Logic with Mac OS Ventura. Really a show-stopper for many, including myself. A benefit from the combined technical brain-trust -- make it such that Mac/Logic customers can once again purchase and use PA products.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,298 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

Agree 100% with Benn Jordan that adding Spitfire to the NI family would be a stupid move. Adding PA was dumb too.

Only iZotope added something complimentary to NI product line.

And as in Benn Jordan's video on Osmose, I agree that sampling is becoming a dead-end tech. Physical Modeling is 100% where NI should be investing. And controllers that address a new approach towards expression.

But unlike the Osmose, NI needs to keep the modeling sw 100% off the controllers. Controllers should be "dumb" or headless". This is only smart way to evolve quickly and keep things more affordable too.

This lets the user pick of the type/size of controller to match their desire & workspace and only invest in the "brains" once.

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Physical modelling is definitely going to overtake sampling in the near future, but it is hard to see NI getting on board any time soon. As long as Kontakt is an industry standard with hundreds of companies producing libraries for it, NI will not want to send any signal that PM is about to replace Kontakt. This is especially true assuming that Francisco Partners is in it for a short term profit.

• zeoka
    zeoka Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Please do Wolfgang Palm synths : Wave Generator etc...

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options
  • chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 373 Pro
    edited June 2023
    Options

Just wondering: How is this activation via Native Access for the Plugin Alliance plugins working? Will there be an option to connect your Plugin Alliance account to your NI account? Or will it just work for plugins which have been bought through NI's web store?

• Thierry56
    Thierry56 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

No PluginAlliance is really part of NI because I bought Komplete 14 Collector and PluginAlliance bundle is announced included in NI Konplete Collector (or lesser with Ultimate) but after some emails with PluginAlliance because I could not get these bx_products, the NI code supply for us is just a discount.

--> be aware : These PluginAlliance products (bx_....) ARE NOT INCLUDE in Komplete 14 Collector (or Ultimate). IT IS ONLY A DISCOUNT.

And I did not really appreciate it :(

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,147 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Thierry56 It's somewhat true that these products "aren't included" in Komplete - as in: they're not accessible from within Native Access and not actually listed in your NI account. You have to download them from Plugin Alliance's site once obtained. It's also true that the code you get acts as a discount code.

But, this is all just how it works in a technical way: You'll receive a redeem code that you enter on Plugin Alliance's web site, then a 100% discount will be applied to those specific products, making them free (IIRC).

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539155029917-How-to-Install-KOMPLETE-14-s-Plugin-Alliance-Products

• Ju.de
    Ju.de Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I totally agree too with what lostinfoundation said

just recently decided to stop iMaschine2

that absoluletly not innovative form them, ans seems to show that innovation, an easy synchronise workflow are not anymore the priority of Ni, that so frustrating to me

• DIS-ONE
    DIS-ONE Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

I Say....The more the Merrier!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.