iZotope, Brainworx, and Plugin Alliance are now part of NI

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

iZotope, Brainworx, and Plugin Alliance are becoming part of Native Instruments.

Read more what this means for you here:

Excited that we'll soon have a seamless experience across all brands! Does the news come as a surprise for you all? Would love to know all your thoughts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Crizzly
    Crizzly Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

My dream plug-in is a traktor waveform visualizer

• mickeyl
    mickeyl Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Options

What does that mean, _part of NI_? Is this a formal acquisition? Where are the press releases from the acquired companies?

• todd_fisher
    todd_fisher Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I think this is great- Native Access is my favorite software management installer (outside of the built in app-store for Mac OS), so anything that helps me with the reinstallation of plugins is a win because I have waaaaay too many plugins at this point in my life to manage 🤣

• Tulio Guilherme Grunwald
    Tulio Guilherme Grunwald Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Now It's time to make all iZotope plugins NKS compatible!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,744 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

And Plugin Alliance - also hopefully this will motivate them to fix the bug that stops many of them showing their presets for the VST3 versions in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol

• Kymeia
    Options

That was quick

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Native Instruments + iZotope is a logical and synergistic combination for sure. Their products lines complimented each other in a smart way. Bringing their tech together was something I was very excited about.

However when SoundWide came into existence with acquisition of Plugin Alliance and Brainworx, I was very disheartened. All of these redundant emulations of old equipment is backwards looking. innovation is NOT at all what is see in the products from PA and Brainworx.

I hope that going forward, the vision and efforts are focused on the products from NI and iZotope and how they can work together in building an awesome music creation ecosystem.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

There are innovative products from PA but they are mostly from Unfiltered Audio. Those are definitely worth having. Also a few years ago PA acquired PPG Software products but have not yet brought them back out, those were also very innovative and I would love to see updated versions of them (I made NKS versions of some of these years ago). Apart from that there is also Thorn and Tantra from DS audio - and hopefully one day, Diversion will be updated. In terms of emulations of old stuff they are not all bad or generic - for example the Lindells are excellent.

Last but not least the 2 synths from Brainworx are actually very good - even if emulations - and are the only plugins I know of that can both export and import .nksf patches (even u-he plugins can only do export) which makes for some great integration in Komplete Kontrol. I would love one outcome of this to be for that capability being added to all the synths and fx.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

I'm not sure any of this made sense starting with the whole Soundwide thing. You put a bunch of companies under a parent company do some press releases do some management changes, do a generic NI rebrand that couldn't have been done by a designer. Sounds like a big unbranding effort with now merging (deleting?) iZotope into Native. I totally forget about Brainworx and Plugin Alliance.

Does this mean Native is just gonna drag down iZotope now? They already have too many things to keep track of / update / maintain - especially after all the cuts. Izotope's product portal never had any issues compared to Native Access.

With this I'm really gonna have to step back and watch and see what this means for end users. Can't say I'm excited at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.