Strummed/Picked Acoustic

Gary84972
Gary84972 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I use Cubase to host Kontakt.

I have an issue with MIDI data when populated on the Kontakt track.

If I draw in MIDI data/chords, or use a third party (e.g. Toontrack) to populate MIDI chords, rather than playing the chords live, I frequently have issues with the chord notes triggering the patterns and endings red and purple keyswitchs.

Is there some way to avoid this, as transposing doesn't work for me.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert
    Answer ✓

You could try to put a “feature request” tag to your suggestion. But be aware NI seems quite refractive to users requests…

Answers

• LostInFoundation

If the midi plays these notes, they will of course play key switches and all these stuff. This is how the instrument is built

• Gary84972

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I understand this. My question had more to do with the possibility of of reassigning the keyswitch keys to some other keys.

It would not be difficult to remove the offending triggering notes from the populated MIDI using Cubase, but that would alter the chords, and result in unwanted voicing.

I have similar apps that allow the keyswitch, notes, and chords to be moved around as desired on my 88 key layout. I guess I was hoping for something similar here.

Again, is it possible to have the app play MIDI that has been dropped into the track, without triggering keyswitches.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023

Ooooh ok. You mean something in the way of Scaler 2 ability of moving the keys that triggers the chords on another octave? I don’t think it’s possible

• Gary84972

Not quite. I have, for instance, a program from Realitone called Fingerpick 2. This too runs in Kontakt. The difference between the Realitone product and the NI instruments is that, in Fingerpick 2, I can freely move the different sections to where I please on the virtual keyboard. I often move the keyswitch keys to the top of the keyboard, where chord notes don't usually intrude, as in the snapshot below.

Neither Strummed Acoustic 2 or Picked Acoustic seem to allow for this, with the result that chords have to be played live.

It's not the end of the world should this always be the case. It would, however, be nice if I could have the app play MIDI that was placed in the app track, without constantly changing patterns or triggering force stop.

Chords played high on the fretboard can often add some nice colour to a track, but it get's old very soon when every track is similarly voiced.

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

You could try to put a “feature request” tag to your suggestion. But be aware NI seems quite refractive to users requests…

• Gary84972

Lol at "refractive to users requests." Couldn't have put it better myself. 😁

I guess I'll just have to get used to playing it in live. 🙂

Thanks for your generous replies. I appreciate it. 👍️