Volume of an Instrument is changing second time I play

ebs_181
ebs_181 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello,

Problem with Kontakt 6 & 7 only with some Instruments for example Amati Viola (and NOT with Stardivari Violin), some session Instrument and Akkordeon2 and other have the problem.

Problem: I am Loading Kontakt into my DAW (Cakewalk/Sonar), load an instrument and the Loudness is as expected.

When I start playing the second time, the loudnes is very, very low until I load the Instrument or the Project again.

When I upgraded from Kontakt 6 to 7 and checked with Akkordeon 2 it seemed to be OK, now the Problem is back.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot for answering

Best Answer

• ebs_181
    Answer ✓

Now I checked in Sonar any settings.

In the Preferences/Project/MIDI/More Options there is the setting: "Controller nach beenden der Wiedergabe zürücksetzen" (Reset Controller after playback - or so).

If this is unchecked Dynamics does not change anymore.

The Problem seems to be fixed.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

In Amati Viola, the modwheel is assigned to the dynamics, which affects volume. Could it be the modwheel or some automation of the modwheel (or MIDI CC 1) in your project?

• ebs_181

Thanks Jeremy,

I did some testing first in Sonar with the Automation for different controllers, this didn't have any effect.

Then I found in the Amati Viola the Expression/Dynamics as you describt.

With this I can increase the Loudness but when I restart the playback the the Dynamics go back to Zero.

Is there a way to keep it in my Position?

In the Stadivari Violin the initial Value for Dynamics is 100% and never changes, I thought.

I repeated the test and it is the same as the Viola????

My Keyboard is switched off and shouldn't have any effect.

Further I deleted all Controller Comands from the MIDI file, Playback are only MIDI Notes.

BR

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@ebs_181 I'm wondering if there could be a smilar issue than here: KONTAKT's Volume Resets When I Press Play in my DAW but with CC1 instead.

• ebs_181

It is getting interesting now.

The Dynamics change, when I STOP playback or recording, not when start.

I deleted the MIDI notes,having an empty Track, the Instrument was still assigned to this Track and the Dynamics changed as before.

I changed the button as describt your Link above, no change, also when changing to different dB values.

In the Accordeons 2, which have no Dynamics, the Pressure Value is changing.

Many Thanks in advance

ebs_181

• ebs_181
    Answer ✓

Now I checked in Sonar any settings.

In the Preferences/Project/MIDI/More Options there is the setting: "Controller nach beenden der Wiedergabe zürücksetzen" (Reset Controller after playback - or so).

If this is unchecked Dynamics does not change anymore.

The Problem seems to be fixed.