Guitar Rig 6 Insert will NOT Receive MIDI Input in DAW! - Stand Alone ONLY?

Options
LineNoise
LineNoise Member Posts: 5 Member

I need help on this topic. I'm in the latest Cubase and want to record my raw Guitar input signal simultaneously in case I want to change the amp model later.

My Guitar Rig insert doesn't receive midi input from my MIDI foot pedal to effect changes during my performance. I have a low-latency audio setup that handles me being able to hear my insert during performance accurately. I just want to control the volume for fades, among other things in real-time. I don't want to have to record my amp output.

Plus Guitar rig automatically syncs to my DAW's tempo without having to mess with settings.

MIDI input works fine when I load the stand-alone app of Guitar Rig. But I noticed that the MIDI input options that I see in the stand-alone preferences tab are not available when I open the insert preferences window. I wonder if I'm missing something???

...and yes, my DAW has all of my MIDI inputs assigned and available within the DAW. πŸ˜‰

Image 1 = Preferences view from Guitat Rig INSERT...

Image 2 = Preferences view from Guitar Rig Stand-alone...

Any help would be much appreciated! 😎

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    edited June 2023
    Options

@LineNoise , which instrument did you select as an insert in Cubase? You should go for the MFX variant of GR6.

• LineNoise
    Options

I only see one Guitar Rig 6 plugin insert to select in Cubase. I don't see a MFX variant.

My options are Displayed below...

• silentio246
    silentio246 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

When using Guitar Rig as plugin, midi and audio in/out is managed by the DAW. I dont have Cubase, so I cannot say, how it is done there. In Ableton Live you set up a midi track, which receives midi from outside (controllers, pedals) and forwards it to the Guitar Rig track.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

I found this article: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/960/guitar-rig-6-plugin-two-versions-fx-or-mfx I don't have Cubase, but f.e. in Maschine and Luna I have 2 versions of the plug-in and the MFX includes the MIDI information.

• LineNoise
    Options

I really appreciate you guys giving feedback. Very helpful. I will look into that. I do know that Cubase has their new MIDI Remote setup features. I'm using the Behringer FCB1010 without any of the special chip upgrades. It works fine with the stand-alone Mac App. So maybe I need to create a MIDI remote control for the FCB1010 as a MIDI control device. I'll look into that and update the post on my findings. πŸ™

• LineNoise
    Answer βœ“
    Options

I figured it out using the MID Remote setup feature. Thanks for your help guys!

For anyone with Cubase here's an in-depth video on the setup process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLObxUJnP4