Any way to view all presets of a Kontakt 7 Instrument via a dropdown list?

Options
sonicx2218
sonicx2218 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

I assumed the dropdown arrow would show me the full list of presets for an instrument, but it looks like that's not the case. Where can I find the dropdown menu of instrument presets for whatever one I am currently using? I am new to Kontakt 7, and just purchased the Komplete 14. I really want to get proficient with it, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to access the presets outside of using the left and right arrows, which takes FOREVER.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The easiest way is using Komplete Kontrol, where all the presets get listed in the browser once you select an instrument. And you also get a preview of them while scrolling the list before loading.

In Kontakt, if you click the camera icon, you’ll get under the instrument name another line with the used preset name and this dropdown menu will give you the list of presets (but you’ll need one more dropdown to see them, since they are divided in categories). And no preview for them.

In my opinion the Komplete Kontrol browser (with also its tags to narrow the choices i.e to only “acoustic” and “strings” and its previews) is way more proficient. And it allows to load fxs after the instruments. And map midi controllers. And many other things.

So…in my opinion: Kontakt if you want to build/modify an instrument, Komplete Kontrol if you want to play it or browse its presets (with sounds previews)

Btw: Komplete Kontrol is free for everybody (even if you didn’t own Komplete 14)

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The easiest way is using Komplete Kontrol, where all the presets get listed in the browser once you select an instrument. And you also get a preview of them while scrolling the list before loading.

In Kontakt, if you click the camera icon, you’ll get under the instrument name another line with the used preset name and this dropdown menu will give you the list of presets (but you’ll need one more dropdown to see them, since they are divided in categories). And no preview for them.

In my opinion the Komplete Kontrol browser (with also its tags to narrow the choices i.e to only “acoustic” and “strings” and its previews) is way more proficient. And it allows to load fxs after the instruments. And map midi controllers. And many other things.

So…in my opinion: Kontakt if you want to build/modify an instrument, Komplete Kontrol if you want to play it or browse its presets (with sounds previews)

Btw: Komplete Kontrol is free for everybody (even if you didn’t own Komplete 14)

• sonicx2218
    sonicx2218 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you so much! Answered my question and then some!

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You’re welcome