Battery 4.3.0 VST3 (inside Komplete Kontrol plugin) NO MULTI OUTPUT in Logic Pro

Andrea Padovani
Andrea Padovani Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

After the update to Battery 4.3.0 my Logic Pro 10.7.7 projects were automatically updated with VST3. I'm using Battery 4 inside the Komplete Kontrol plugin, and I set the multi output for each cell, but I realized that now the multi output doesn't work anymore. Cells are routed to various Logic channels but only the first channel is heard. Absolutely no sound from the other channels, although the Battery meter works fine, so I guess it's a VST3 problem. In fact I tried to replace the VST2 in Komplete Kontrol and everything can be set up normally. Can someone help me? Thank you!

Best Answer

• Andrea Padovani
    Answer ✓

The new Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 update fixed the problem.

I would like to thank Ross for assistance.

2.9.3 2023-05-17

Minimum OS requirements:

- Mac OS: 11, 12, 13.

- Windows: 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, Windows 11.

FIXED Multichannel output not working in some DAWs

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Likely a VST3 related issue with either Battery or KK. Have you tested VST3 of battery outside KK to see if you can rout the multi outs from there? If so, it is a KK issue and there are several issues like whic in KK at the moment with VST3 still being resonably "new" to KK, just ahve to make a list of steps to produce and send it thru to NI support and hope they bother to take it serious. Since it affects their own software, prob take it more serious than they do with 3rd party plugin problems caused bu KK.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

It would be the Battery AU anyway if outside Komplete Kontrol - I would just use that. Tbh KK does nothing for Battery anyway, it doesn’t control any params and Battery being so outdated doesn’t mesh well with KK and never has really so I fail to see the point of trying to make Battery work within KK

• Andrea Padovani

The real problem is that all my Logic projects are automatically updated with VST3 in Komplete Kontrol, and therefore all instances of Battery in multi output no longer work as they should. Switching to VST2 or directly to Battery outside Komplete Kontrol would mean reloading all samples, parameters and effects :(

• TomP
    TomP Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

Is there any fix on the komplete kontrol plugin (or kontakt & battery) VST3?

It's really annoying that the output routing is not working as it should.

Thanks for the update :-)

Gr Tom

• Andrea Padovani
    Answer ✓

The new Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 update fixed the problem.

I would like to thank Ross for assistance.

2.9.3 2023-05-17

Minimum OS requirements:

- Mac OS: 11, 12, 13.

- Windows: 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, Windows 11.

FIXED Multichannel output not working in some DAWs

• TomP
    TomP Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Ok great! I'm installing it already ;-)

Thanks