Kontakt 6.7 does not open in Dorico 4 and Cubase 11

MarcLarcher
MarcLarcher Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Hi! I tried and updated kontakt 6 to the new 6.7 version, which is VST3, thinking it would handle better my instruments in Dorico 4. But alas, this update has only been a problem since I installed it. It won't launch as a standalone app. It crashes every app I try to open it into (Dorico 4, Cubase 11) and the steps provided by the support don't change anything to my problem.

I have updated my 2019 macbookpro to Maverick, hoping it would change something about this problem but no.

Now I'm wondering whether it's possible to revert to an older VST2 reliable version of kontakt 6.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarcLarcher
    Answer ✓

I solved the problem! Ross from NI sent me a special app to get information from my system, and while it was working, I read some logs and saw that there was supposed to be that Finale GPO 2.0 file on a folder of another account on my computer. That second account was created like in 2013 and I never used it. Actually it was empty. No Finale GPO file. But, as it's useless, I got rid of it. And guess what? Now Kontakt 6.7 opens as standalone, works correctly in Dorico… I certainly could not explain why this mess, but I'm satisfied as I can use a product I paid for.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Hey @MarcLarcher You mean Monterey not Maverick, right ? 10.9 isn't supported anymore (and for a few years now).

There have been a few reported crashes, could you post this file ? The Kontakt team would need to have a look into it:

Mac: /Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

Once you posted it you can delete it and open Kontakt in standalone so it rebuilds it's database. It should then open normally everywhere.

• MarcLarcher

Hi, yes, Monterey, of course (12.2.1)

I am sorry, that particular file is empty. I have reinstalled five or six times kontakt 6.7 since yesterday… Each time, I take care to throw every kontakt file to the trash. Now, I cannot open the kontakt standalone app, and the only times I could, I was only offered that window.

After clicking ok, the app quits silently and won't ever open again, until I uninstall it completely again.

Please provide me with a direct download link to 6.6.1 please.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Hey @MarcLarcher I see that you're in contact with my colleagues. They should sort it out.

• MarcLarcher

I hope they will, because until now, it's useless…

• MarcLarcher
    Answer ✓

I solved the problem! Ross from NI sent me a special app to get information from my system, and while it was working, I read some logs and saw that there was supposed to be that Finale GPO 2.0 file on a folder of another account on my computer. That second account was created like in 2013 and I never used it. Actually it was empty. No Finale GPO file. But, as it's useless, I got rid of it. And guess what? Now Kontakt 6.7 opens as standalone, works correctly in Dorico… I certainly could not explain why this mess, but I'm satisfied as I can use a product I paid for.

• MarcLarcher

Is there any way to close this thread as solved?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thanks @MarcLarcher for sharing the troubleshooting. I'll take care of closing this thread, see you around!

This discussion has been closed.