komplete kontrol losing expression control mappings in ableton live .adg files

terbano
terbano Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I\m creating many .adg file in ableton with the expression control midi effect mapped to komplete control parameters. when i save the .adg file and the project, then re-open the project, all the mappings between expression control and komplete kontrol are lost.

this is making using komplete kontrol a bit of a nightmare

thoughts anyone?

Best Answer

• terbano
    Answer ✓

Ho holonology,

I've been in dialogue with Ableton about this for a long minute now, and we've figured out that the issue is with Ableton's mapping logic, specifically with AU devices after version 11.1.6.

The tragedy is that this is not happening with only expression control, it's happening with the other devices that use mapping as well, such as LFO's. Ableton told me they have acknowledged the problem, but have no timeline on when it will be fixed. I'm sure a lot of users are badly affected by this as I am; especially the power users that have created many (or in my case, hundreds) of carefully crafted instruments with expression control and lfo mappings saved as .adg files.

I hope Ableton fixes this quickly. It's been very tough.

Answers

• holonology
    holonology Member Posts: 67 Member

Also interested in this. We had a recent thread where we're seeing Kontakt parameter names being lost on reload and this sounds like another similar issue.

• terbano
    Answer ✓

Ho holonology,

I've been in dialogue with Ableton about this for a long minute now, and we've figured out that the issue is with Ableton's mapping logic, specifically with AU devices after version 11.1.6.

The tragedy is that this is not happening with only expression control, it's happening with the other devices that use mapping as well, such as LFO's. Ableton told me they have acknowledged the problem, but have no timeline on when it will be fixed. I'm sure a lot of users are badly affected by this as I am; especially the power users that have created many (or in my case, hundreds) of carefully crafted instruments with expression control and lfo mappings saved as .adg files.

I hope Ableton fixes this quickly. It's been very tough.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@terbano Thanks for sharing the information.