Problem with Guitar Rig 5.2.2 and Native Access 3.3.0 (Guitar Rig 5 in demo mode)

13»

Answers

• Cewin
    Cewin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Hayo_NI Hi and thanks for your post. Unfortunately, the proposed solutions don’t work for me as well. It’s frustrating, mainly because of the wasted time. Is there any other workaround or solution planned?

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

To anyone that is still experiencing this issue, and it is not resolved by following the steps in the article - please submit a ticket via the following form: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Be sure to state that you already carried out the steps in the Knowledge Base article.

An agent will come back to you as soon as possible.

• LaszloT
    LaszloT Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Can it get any better?

• PauloA
    PauloA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I received an answer from customer support which I paste here hopping that it helps everyone (it did for me):

Dear Customer,

thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

Please proceed as following:

1. Go to the following location: 
    2. Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences
    3. Delete the "com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 5.plist" file
    1. Restart your computer
    2. Download, install and open NA 3.2.2 via this link:
    3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_5vqNiYWnI8zGBZABOKIAqhl4pqppOz/view?usp=share_link
    4. Install Guitar Rig 5

5. GR5 is correctly activated now. Before you close Native Access, please carry out the following steps:
    6. Go to the following location: 
    7. Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences
    8. copy the "com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 5.plist" file and place it in a backup folder.

This way you will not have to downgrade to NA 3.2.2 again in case the current NA version overwrites the activation info in the plist file. 

For the case the GR5 switches back into demo mode once Native Access self-updates to version 3.3.0:

1. Make sure NA2 is closed
    2. Copy the plist from your backup folder and paste it into Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences
    3. when asked if you wish to keep or replace the existing file please select "replace"
    4. because the Mac Os might still be referring the replace file from its cache, you might have to restart your computer once more (or use "sudo killall cfprefsd" instead)
    5. GR5 should recognise its activation again now

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    edited May 2023

@LaszloT I'd recommend to create a dedicated thread to your issue or contact our support directly here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_GR

From your screenshot it seems to be a different issue and not much to do with activation/demo.

• LaszloT
    LaszloT Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI This might be just a weird coincidence, I'm having the exact same issue as the others. The glitchy UI never occurred since then.

• JMOJ
    JMOJ Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

The solutions here don't work.

Are NI renown for this kind of lack of customer support?

• Jeremy_NI

@JMOJ Well, you contacted our support and got a reply on April 27th but you never replied. If the solution provided by my colleagues did not work, please get back to them. Please keep in mind that even though we help users out when we can in the Community, it's not a substitute for support.

• kerrysmith
    kerrysmith Member Posts: 9 Member

@Hayo_NI I don't usually love workarounds, but I'm immensely grateful that I can now recall some old sessions on my new machine. Thanks you guys for giving us continued functionality on owned legacy products!

• lsal
    lsal Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I am experiencing the same problem, it happened when I upgraded to ultimate 14 collectors and simultaneously downloaded native access 2 to be able to use plugin alliance plug ins that come with the collection. When I loaded projects all the info on guitar rig 5 was gone and I almost went nuts.

3.2.2 did the trick

• ebber
    ebber Member Posts: 11 Member

Downgrading to NI Access 3.2.2 brings Guitar Rig 5 back to life.

However even with read only setting of the plist, after updating to NI Access 3.4.0 it kills Guitar Rig 5 again.

Copying the "com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 5.plist" generated with 3.2.2 doesn't work either when 3.4.0 is installed.

I get this error then:

• Jeremy_NI
  • garex
    garex Member Posts: 1 Member

Ok as mentioned above 3.2.2 fixes the guitar rig activation issue. A workaround to skip native access automatic update: instead of replacing the 3.4 with 3.2.2, choose to keep both when installing. Then after reinstalling Gitar Rig 5 with 3.2.2, force quit native access (that way it doesn't update on exit).

Working for me so far... (fingers crossed)