Problem with Guitar Rig 5.2.2 and Native Access 3.3.0 (Guitar Rig 5 in demo mode)

Answers

• Kimmo Peltola
    Kimmo Peltola Member Posts: 11 Member

@Jeremy_NI You are welcome.

• Dabad1986
    Dabad1986 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

understood

• Kimmo Peltola
    edited April 2023

Well, don't know what NI have been doing but that 3.3.1 doesn't fix anything on my system. I can still only run Guitar Rig 5 i demo mode - it won't accept my serial. Back to 3.2.2 then.

• Kimmo Peltola

Well, I just received this from NI Support: Guitar Rig 5 was discontinued when Guitar rig 6 was released. It was already not supported after Mac Os 10.15 (Catalina). Since it is not developed anymore, it will not be made compatible to M1.

I have now bought Amplitube 5 Max which sounds absolutely amazing bwt :)

You can check these two articles:

Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

Apple Silicon (M1 / M2) Compatibility News

• Laurent Maldo
    Laurent Maldo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same here. Eventually installed 3.2.2, opened a terminal window to find the PID and kill -9 Native Access instead of quitting the app. Problem solved for now, but that's annoying

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor

To the Native Instrument staff: it's OK if you want me to install a slightly older version of your downloader app. Just don't force it to update to the current one the next time we open it. Because I just tried the steps in the support ticket that says to do that and back up the plist file, etc, and sure it works, but if you need to load Native Access again, it's going to automatically update to the new version, and render Guitar Rig 5 Pro useless again, even if I overwrite the new plist with the backed up one.

• ProfessorChaos

Well, I just received this from NI Support: Guitar Rig 5 was discontinued when Guitar rig 6 was released. It was already not supported after Mac Os 10.15 (Catalina). Since it is not developed anymore, it will not be made compatible to M1.

I don't care if it's discontinued. I paid for it. Guitar Rig 6 is very nice, but I found some old projects that had Guitar Rig 5, and it's not as easy as replacing them, because you lose whatever amps and other things you had in that instance. And those projects are old, so I load them in Cubase in Rosetta mode. I don't expect them to make old products M1 native, I just expect them to make them work, not tell me my serial number is expired or something like that.

• DJ Dollar
    DJ Dollar Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Its one thing to discontinue support for a product after its been discontinued for some time, but this is crazy. I've been using GTR Rig 5 on my M2 for months and it was working great until the Native Access "update".... planned obsolescence anyone? Been using NI gear for over 10 years, upgraded to Komplete 12 in 2020 (which at that time included GTR Rig 5). So technically I bought this product 2 years ago and now it doesnt work already??? ABSOLUTE ****** AND I WILL NOT TAKE IT LAYING DOWN LOL... Wrote customer support a few days ago but hadn't heard back yet then found this thread! You guys are the bomb for this quick "fix"!!! Leaving Native Access open at all times so it can't update certainly isn't ideal but will do the trick for now... I looooove you NI but this is an epic fail of waves subscription proportions. Please fix ASAP. XOXO

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,256 Expert

The only difference: NI users are not Waves users. They will never unite to tell NI what they should do (and HAVE to, since we are talking about products we paid for).

Better to argue with other users here in the forum…

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

GR5 should only be discontinued when at least all it’s components are integrated in GR6 (I’m using both versions) but that won’t happen, so don’t put your hope on it. You will not find the answers here or via support, those days are over for a long time now…I know, because I and many before you tried to get some answers, without success.

• DJ Dollar
    DJ Dollar Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

Say when and where and I'm there. I mean, I'm here now saying "NI" fix the thing please". Figure they must monitor these threads...

It seems that when I close Native Access everything is still working... So I guess I'll just never open it again (i.e. never buy/install/register/update another NI product) and I'm good to go :) Thanks gang! Great work NI *insert sarcasm BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE jk plz fix xo

• JMOJ
    JMOJ Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Is there a fix coming for this?

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Hopefully this solves the problem: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT 5 and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

If it doesn't, reach out to support so we can continue to update this article with fresh information moving forward. Apologies for the inconvenience and again sorry for the delay here.

• ProfessorChaos

Someone called Nanni replied to my ticket three days ago with the supposed solution for this, the same one you linked to here, and I already told her, that doesn't work.

You can set the file permissions to read only for everybody, but that means that the file can't be edited. But it still can be overwritten. And when you install the new version of Native Access, that file gets overwritten and Guitar Rig 5 Pro still opens as demo, after creating a whole new .plist file.

So it still doesn't work.

• Kimmo Peltola

@Hayo_NI Thanks for your post. It doesn't work though for me. Tried several times - so back to the old one again.