Issue with multioutput instance of Kontakt 6 in Logic

Jan Steele
Jan Steele Member Posts: 1 Member

I have a project [A] set up as a multioutput instance in Logic. I set this up from scratch with four sample instruments. It works fine. The instruments are two violins, harpsichord and viola da gamba, in other words a standard trio sonata lineup. I've saved that as a multi.

I wanted to replace the violins with a different solo violin sample instrument, so I saved project A using Save As, giving it a different title. Then I replaced the two violins with two new sample violin instances. I checked the routing of the outputs to Logic, and it seems on the surface to be ok, except it's not because the violins don't play at all. The harpsichord and the gamba tracks play when I have the violins unmuted or soloed.

The midi channels assigned to the tracks in Logic correspond to the channels in the vi instances in the Kontakt multirack.

So obviously I have routed something wrongly, but I don't know how to fix it!

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I'm not sure if the audio outs is the problem, because all instruments should work when routed to one channel. but if that solved it then awesome.

For future changes, you can simply drag a new instrument onto an existing instrument in a rack and it will take on routed audio channels and midi channel of the instrument it replaced.

I would also recommend using 'Instrument Tracks' for simpler functionality.

Answers

• Lovro
    Lovro Member Posts: 1 Member

Make sure you have a different stereo output on each Kontakt instrument (press ⌈i⌉ on the upper right of the instrument in Kontakt). Stereo 1/2, stereo 3/4 and so on..

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I'm not sure if the audio outs is the problem, because all instruments should work when routed to one channel. but if that solved it then awesome.

For future changes, you can simply drag a new instrument onto an existing instrument in a rack and it will take on routed audio channels and midi channel of the instrument it replaced.

I would also recommend using 'Instrument Tracks' for simpler functionality.