OZONE

Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 128 Advisor

My Mix Recordings after using the Ozone Limiter are coming out BASS Dominant...

Like The Bass is 75 percent and the rest of the Music is 25 percent... it sounds awful...

But while playing live it sounds great...

Is anyone else having this kind of situation

My Settings are -6db Threshold -- "Slow" Preset -- 0 Gain Reduction

I've tried lowering it to -3db... but still a lot of compression happening...

Bottom line... is it sounds good live but the recording is way out of balance with TOO MUCH BASS

Thanks

Sacco

Best Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Answer ✓

Sounds like it might be operating similar to the Maschine internal compressor with hardwired gain compensation. So a threshold of -6 may be also applying gain. If that’s the case you might need to turn down deck gains instead of rec gain - which seems weird since I’d expect that to be effecting main output and rec.

Sorry can’t be more help since I can’t test. Hopefully another plus user can chime in.

• Sacco Naz
    Answer ✓

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking... "-6 may be also applying gain" I'd been adjusting the deck gain to compensate but that's too much to do live...

I just switched back to the Classic Limit... It docent compress the sound as much but still prevents clipping...

I wonder how many people are actually using Ozone...

And I suppose if you are not recording sets it really doesn't matter much...

Thanks Mate

Answers

• just_jump

Note: not on plus with Ozone

Don’t know what your setup is that you’re live play and your recorded mix are somehow different. About all I can think of there is you haven’t set your record gain correctly in Traktor - sound like you might need to dial it back but you’d have to do some testing. I think I found that headroom isn’t applied to the recording so I was dialing back an amount equal to my headroom - it’s been a while and involved some testing back and forth.

• Sacco Naz

Hey thanks... yeh I forgot to mention that...!

In Classic Limiter my Recording Gain is a 0db maybe -1 0r -2 sometimes...

With Ozone I had to reduce my Recording Gain to -9 or -10 just to keep it from redlining...

But damm I'll I fear is Loud Compressed BASS in the final recording...!

• just_jump
    Answer ✓

Sounds like it might be operating similar to the Maschine internal compressor with hardwired gain compensation. So a threshold of -6 may be also applying gain. If that’s the case you might need to turn down deck gains instead of rec gain - which seems weird since I’d expect that to be effecting main output and rec.

Sorry can’t be more help since I can’t test. Hopefully another plus user can chime in.

• Sacco Naz
    Answer ✓

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking... "-6 may be also applying gain" I'd been adjusting the deck gain to compensate but that's too much to do live...

I just switched back to the Classic Limit... It docent compress the sound as much but still prevents clipping...

I wonder how many people are actually using Ozone...

And I suppose if you are not recording sets it really doesn't matter much...

Thanks Mate