Guitar Rig 6 - No Output

Atlan Gonozal
Atlan Gonozal Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi,

i've tried Guitar Rig 6 in combination with the "Real Audio Cable" from Ubisoft (belongs to "Rocksmith"). My problem is that i can't hear anything...

The configuration is as follows:

• Driver "Asio"
  • Asio Config ist set to "Rocksmith Guitar USB Adapter"
  • Input is set to "USB Guitar Adapter"
  • Output is set to "Not Connected 1"

While playing the guitar i see that the bars in the title section "In" and "Out" are responding, but there is no sound...

What am i doing wrong?

Greetings...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Atlan Gonozal
    Answer ✓

OK: Problem solved! In the ASIO-Config i had to activate both, the Soundcard AND the USB-Adapter. now i can choose the USB-Adapter as Input the Soundcard as Output.

Greeting and thank you...

Answers

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod

You need to connect the output.

As you wrote: "Output is set to "Not Connected 1"

So you need to select the soundcard that you connect your headphones or external speakers to. I'm not sure how well the ASIO drivers handle having a different input and output sound device selected though.

Usually you would use Guitar Rig with an audio interface that provides inputs and outputs. Something like our Komplete Audio interfaces ;)

https://www.native-instruments.com/products/komplete/audio-interfaces/komplete-audio-1-audio-2/

• Atlan Gonozal

Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately i have no option to select another output then "No connected"... There are only "Not Connected 1" and "Not Connected 2".

Greetings.

PS: Wich version of the recommended audio interfaces would be the best for me? I only want to connect my e-guitar to the computer as a replacment of an full-guitar-amp...

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    edited February 2022

All of our Komplete Audio interfaces should work for that use case. So even the small one (Komplete Audio 1) is enough to connect a guitar to your computer and connect your headphones to it. Or to use with external speakers.

• Atlan Gonozal

Thank you, Eddi. I will think about it. About the issue with my "Not connected"-Output? Is there any chance to use Guitar Rig without additional hardware?

Greetings...

• Atlan Gonozal
    Answer ✓

OK: Problem solved! In the ASIO-Config i had to activate both, the Soundcard AND the USB-Adapter. now i can choose the USB-Adapter as Input the Soundcard as Output.

Greeting and thank you...

• toddkc
    toddkc Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2022

If you use Asio4All as your driver you should be able to configure things so that your input is from the rocksmith cable and your output is your standard computer speakers output (realtek is mine).

Latency may be an issue, I've never used the rocksmith cable, but Asio4All has various settings to configure that also.

edit - nevermind, I see you already solved it! :)

• Atlan Gonozal

Thank you for your answer. yes, the problem is solved. BTW: Latency is not a problem, the rocksmith cable is especially designed for use in a guitar-play-game. I can play latency-free with Guitar Rig, perfect :-)

Greetings...