Massive X prevents Logic Pro X from starting

Christian Moss
Christian Moss Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Since the last update to Massive X (1.4.3), I can't start Logic Pro X anymore. Logic gets stuck collecting information on AU plug-ins (MacBook Pro M1). Once I remove the "Massive X.component" from the Components folder, Logic starts up fine - without Massive X, that is, of course.

Plus, I've only noticed just recently that some Komplete plug-ins aren't validated in Logic Pro X anymore.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Christian Moss Brilliant, great that you worked it out. We definitely do not recommend having these folders synced to iCloud as it can create issues with our programs.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@Christian Moss Please reinitialize the MASSIVE X database as follows:

1. Click Go in the Finder menu bar while holding down the alt key on your computer's keyboard. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    1. In your user Library folder, navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments
    2. Delete the MASSIVE X folder.
    3. Restart your DAW and load an instance of MASSIVE X. It will regenerate its database and the new presets will now appear.

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Logic and your NI applications: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If the issue is not fixed, what plug-ins are not validated and which ones are?

• Christian Moss

Thanks for trying to help me out. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked. Now Logic isn't stuck any more, but said error message by Massive X is displayed. The AU validation tool causes an error while checking Massive X and crashes. Thus, Massive X isn't available as a software instrument. In the plug-in manager, Massive X ist visible, but not validated. Trying to validate it manually causes Logic Pro to get stuck again.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Try just resetting and revalidating Massive X in the AU manager inside Logic. It validated fine for me but I usually find with Logic when a plugin fails the batch scan it still passes being scanned solo

• Christian Moss

Thanks, I tried that, too - to no avail.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited March 2023

OK well at least we know it can work on M1 Mac as I had no problem validating it the first time so there must be some other factor involved. Are you using symbolic links or is that message erroneous?

• Christian Moss

I don‘t use symbolic links - at least not on purpose. I use the standard folders as suggested in the Native Access app (I think…).

• Jeremy_NI

@Christian Moss So the full path is actually:

Macintosh HD -> Users -> User Name -> Documents -> Native Instruments -> etc.....

Or is it linked to an external hard drive or a different location on your computer?

Is there already a folder there?

• Christian Moss

There is a Native Instruments folder in the Documents folder, however, funnily, it has the same of the computer attached to it (which contains all the folders belonging to the plug-ins that cannot be used). We're getting closer, aren't we?

• Christian Moss

Okay, I think I've figured it out:

Something must have gone wrong with the iCloud-synching (which includes the Desktop and the Documents folder), which caused the Documents folder to become corrupt. Unticking and ticking it in the iCloud settings (plus the obligatory reboot) caused it to rebuild. Plus, I reinstalled Massive X. In Logic, I had to re-validate the some NI-plug-ins (those which use the documents folder, including Massive X) - tada.

Thanks for your help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Christian Moss Brilliant, great that you worked it out. We definitely do not recommend having these folders synced to iCloud as it can create issues with our programs.

• jmhorvat
    jmhorvat Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Ever Since I went to Native Access 3.6.2 Massive Replika isn't working is it a bug?? I am Getting the Same message I tried the above with no avail.

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 33 Member

Sometimes deleting the Audio Unit cache within Logic's Plugin Manager can solve some of these types of issues. Specifically if a plugin has been updated recently.