How to use Massive as a stand-alone plugin

Albertone
Albertone Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I purchased Massive on Plugin Boutique and followed the installation procedure, but I can only open Massive within Komplete Kontrol and not as a stand-alone plugin, as I did before.

How can I solve this? Thank you !

Tagged:

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 467 Pro

You probably need to touch base with Plugin Boutique to clarify installation process. I have version 1.5.12+31 and it loads just fine direct from the desktop and also works in Kontakt or KompleteKontrol, but it was installed through Native Access.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,736 mod

Yeah I'm wondering if he mean's Massive X though (which doesn't have a standalone app)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod

@Albertone Do you want to use Massive as a standalone application or use the Massive plug-in in your DAW?

For standalone, you can find the application here: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Massive

If it's a plug-in in your DAW, it would have been helpful to let us know which DAW you are using. There is general VST administration video: VST Plug-in Administration on Windows Computers

And you can find a lot of articles in our Knowledge Base on specific DAWs, as an example: Plug-in Administration in Cakewalk

• Albertone
    Albertone Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you all, I will try to be more specific.

If I try to open Massive as stand-alone, it crashes right away.

Whereas to open it on my DAW (ableton), I can only do it through Komplete Kontrol.

I used to be able to use Massive as a plug-in, without going through Komplete Kontrol.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod

So you are able to open Massive in standalone then.

That looks like an Ableton VST administration issue then, have you checked the video I linked? Have you looked for the specific article for Ableton in our KB as mentioned?

VST Plug-in Administration in Ableton Live (Windows)

Massive should be available in both formats, VST2 and VST3.