create a custom drum kit from available libraries

dexl
dexl Member Posts: 49 Member

I would like to create a custom drum kit from available drum libraries in Komplete to include the ones I use most often. Why? There is one or two drum sounds I like in Abbey Road, some other nki libraries, Factory library, etc. To search and load all of them each time I want to use only a few samples from one library is not very resource friendly and time consuming.

Is that possible in Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol? If not, how do you manage large libraries if you only need 1 patch/instrument from a number of different libraries?

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Not with Abbey Road, but with the old factory kits from K6 and back for sure. It's easy to swap out Groups from one Kit to another, or create a new instrument with exported groups.

TIme to hunker down and read a book my friend. It's a thriller called, "The Manual".

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Not with Abbey Road, but with the old factory kits from K6 and back for sure. It's easy to swap out Groups from one Kit to another, or create a new instrument with exported groups.

TIme to hunker down and read a book my friend. It's a thriller called, "The Manual".

• dexl
    dexl Member Posts: 49 Member

Thanks for the tip, helpful.